Bash #3

techbum

Registered
I just wanted to write and say THANKS to all of the board members who went to Busa Bash III. I had a wonderful time meeting and riding with you. You guys are really the BEST at making someone feel welcome. I know how it seems one gets to know people on here through the posts but it was great to finally meet them in person. Certain ones especially but I won't go into names because everyone I met was super. Yes, there was a downside when Paul got hurt but fortunely he will be OK. Those of you who didn't make it.......you missed a great time. Hope we can do it again soon.

P.S. The bike cover I won in the drawing will get good use....

Once Again........THANKS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND.......

All things considered I still had a good time. I will be back for the next one. For you guys that live around there, I'll be back up in July. If you would like to ride PM me.

It was great to meet everyone.

Scott

It was good to meet you (nice Busa `ya got too)...!  
smile.gif
 Glad you enjoyed it--I sure did. I'll be back SOON. Hope to hook-up with `ya again.
cool.gif

yes i had a greet time there 2
any time anybody wants to come up to the dragon give me a shout at im just an hour and a half away from there
when in july are u comin bronc3
it was nice to meet all of u and i cant remember names but everbody was nice View attachment 586382

It was great to be able to put a face to some of the people who post here. The great area, the burgers and the bonfire. What more to you need?

Now it is time for a few thanks from me.

Brian- I know you put alot of work into the maps, rides and general planning of this fine event. I also know is is a thankless job, but quite a few of us noticed. Thanks for all you did!

Kevin- The burgers were AWSOME. How much to ship a case or two to NC?

Phillips Motel- Thanks for allowing us to have our rally there. Not to mention having to buy more firewood and kindling for Sunday night. Just be glad we couldnt find something to take the swing set apart. A chain saw was mentioned, but at 2am on Sunday would have probally caused too much of a racket.

Chris and Kim- You two are quite a pair. Funny and always ready to share a smile. Pick a date for a Braves game and the wife and I will try to make it.

GPB and Jeremy- Thanks for the laughs all weekend. And yes I agree she had to be paid.....lol.

Tom- Never a nicer man to be found. Guys if you need any Busa pipes or PC, there is not a better man to get your items from. And a special thanks for donating a few thing for the raffle.

Bill- we have quite alot in common. I am just glad I was albe to put two and two together. I have enjoyed reading your posts at FZ1OA for quite sometime. You are deffinatly a assett to this site.

Darryl(Killboy)- Thanks for figuring out how to fit all of me in one frame. It was great talking to you this weekend. See you next month.

To all of the late night bon fire krew, what a blast. Hearing the bench racing, story telling and jokes....my belly is still sore from the laughing or is that from the Mexican food? And yes the ideas are turning for a few practical jokes for next time......

Now for the biggest thanks.

I travel alot to different rallies, get togethers and just general acts of Hooliganism every year. EVERYONE I had the chance to ride with stayed in their "comfort zone". I cant say that for some people I have been around.

Being around riders that ride with their brain and not their ego make for a great weekend.

If you missed the BB III, make plans now for BB IV. In some small talk anound the fire, maybe late September or early October.

I know I am forgetting someone and I am sorry......To many good memories from this weekend.

And another thanks from the Fat Kidd in black leathers, Thanks to Hayabusa.org for bringing all of US together.

Till next time......

Since they say that a picture is worth a thousand words???...here's about 10,000 words worth!!!
laugh.gif

I arrived wednesday night, so first thing thursday morning I went here...

BUSAGAP1.jpg

To have this man..."Ken Wheeler"...

BUSAGAP2.jpg

Swap out ALL the lines on my Busa too Goodridge SS Braided...he charged me $79 for the rear brake line...$89 for the clutch line and...$199 for the dual front lines WITH Ferodo Pads ans all these were...."Installed Prices"...he even made me up a special wire loop guide for my lower triple to accomodate the new lines...afterwards Warbaby and I made an afternoon run out hwy 28 justa run the new brake pads in....

BUSAGAP3.jpg

Friday morning at the gap we promptly ran into "Colorado Carl" (sorry..bad remembering bot names and bordnames)...who rode his Busa too the gap with "Lucky The Penguin" his grand-daughter gave him as a trip masquot..

BUSAGAP4.jpg

Afterwards..Zukracer led a group of us out to cherokee and up past clingmans dome and down through pigeon fordge...

BUSAGAP5.jpg

Saturday morning both I and Warbaby waived the kickback/maintainence day flag but did fit in an invigorating run up 28 and snapped a couple shots here....

Me...

BUSAGAP6.jpg

and "The Old Bull"...Warbaby....

BUSAGAP7.jpg

Then sunday morning???...I led GrandpaBusa (and son Jeremy on a Katana) out 143 too 28 as Vman stopped for gas claiming that "he'd catch up" and boy did he....folks???...I'm gonna tell ya'll right now....I ain't fast...but I ain't slow either...and I was setting a pretty good pace for GrandpaBusa and Jeremy but Vman???....he came by us like a 400LB Ballerina on Nitrous and tossing his busa around like most of us might manhandle a dirtbike and was chasing he11 out of an old seasoned dude on a beamer!!! LOL!!!!...awesome...poetry in motion!!!...that run up 28 with GrandpaBusa, Jeremy and Vman made my trip!!!
biggrin.gif
and after some breakfast at the CROT GrandpaBusa and I went and ran the Foothills Parkway....

Me....

BUSAGAP8.jpg

Gramps...LOL!!!

BUSAGAP9.jpg

And from one "Wacko Nutcase" to the rest of ya'll???...

BUSAGAP10.jpg

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Since they say that a picture is worth a thousand words???...here's about 10,000 words worth!!![/QUOTE]

Nice pictorial tour...! I enjoyed your company immensely. Take care brother.

The "Old Bull"  
tounge.gif

Being that I'm terrible with names, just incase everyone did not figure it out, I had a great time, with the exception of the little bug that hit me before I left for the trip. The trip up there was great, but a little long on a bike, but the trip back was smooth as silk. All I can say is that the Hayabusa is one wonderful motorcycle, but everyone knows that. For everyone that went, I'm so glad that I got to meet y'all (southern), and hopefully get to see y'all again. By the way, pictures from the weekend are on Killboy.com. I have seen pictures of alot of us that rode the dragon.

Then sunday morning???...I led GrandpaBusa (and son Jeremy on a Katana) out 143 too 28 as Vman stopped for gas claiming that "he'd catch up" and boy did he....folks???...I'm gonna tell ya'll right now....I ain't fast...but I ain't slow either...and I was setting a pretty good pace for GrandpaBusa and Jeremy but Vman???....he came by us like a 400LB Ballerina on Nitrous and tossing his busa around like most of us might manhandle a dirtbike and was chasing he11 out of an old seasoned dude on a beamer!!! LOL!!!!...awesome...poetry in motion!!!...that run up 28 with GrandpaBusa, Jeremy and Vman made my trip!!!
biggrin.gif
and after some breakfast at the CROT GrandpaBusa and I went and ran the Foothills Parkway....
400lb Ballerina, lol. Make that a 340lb ballerina....lol.

No reference to twinkle toes better be heard........

biggrin.gif
400lb Ballerina, lol. Make that a 340lb ballerina....lol.

No reference to twinkle toes better be heard........
"TWINKLE TOES"
rock.gif
...dude...calling you "TWINKLE TOES" would just be so wrong in so many ways that I would never...ever...call you "TWINKLE TOES". Besides...a man of your stature and physic would crush me like a bug and I'd be taking my life in my hands calling you "TWINKLE TOES" so rest assured that I'll never call you "TWINKLE TOES" cause calling you "TWINKLE TOES" is definately not in my best interest regarding matters of health and safety....now...that said???....if someone were to cue the titletrack to the old broadway hit "The Sound Of Music" and some sweet redhead went dancing through a field of daisys singing..."The Hills Are Aliiiive...With the Sound Of Music"
rock.gif
....I'm not going to be able to pry the mental imagery out of my head of you ripping through the mountains but even then...I'd make no reference to the phrase..."TWINKLE TOES"...now I may roll on the floor clenching my gut in laughter with tears rolling down both cheeks but rest assured...I'd never....ever....call you..."TWINKLE TOES".
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

"TWINKLE TOES"
rock.gif
...dude...calling you "TWINKLE TOES" would just be so wrong in so many ways that I would never...ever...call you "TWINKLE TOES". Besides...a man of your stature and physic would crush me like a bug and I'd be taking my life in my hands calling you "TWINKLE TOES" so rest assured that I'll never call you "TWINKLE TOES" cause calling you "TWINKLE TOES" is definately not in my best interest regarding matters of health and safety....now...that said???....if someone were to cue the titletrack to the old broadway hit "The Sound Of Music" and some sweet redhead went dancing through a field of daisys singing..."The Hills Are Aliiiive...With the Sound Of Music"
rock.gif
....I'm not going to be able to pry the mental imagery out of my head of you ripping through the mountains but even then...I'd make no reference to the phrase..."TWINKLE TOES"...now I may roll on the floor clenching my gut in laughter with tears rolling down both cheeks but rest assured...I'd never....ever....call you..."TWINKLE TOES".
biggrin.gif
Thats what I like abouy ya.....I needed a laugh today......

I am thinking about getting a patch for my leathers...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>F.K.R.</span>
Fat Kidd Racing

bahahahaha!!!!!!

rock.gif

"TWINKLE TOES"
rock.gif
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Thats what I like abouy ya.....I needed a laugh today......

I am thinking about getting a patch for my leathers...

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>F.K.R.</span>
Fat Kidd Racing

bahahahaha!!!!!!
And Vman???....it's only cause of your Good Nature, Kind Heart and The Passion for Riding we both share that I know I can joke around and enjoy a few good laughs WITH you cause as you said earlier...we have a lot in common!!! LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Back