Balance and alignment

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Believe it or not I have never had this problem before in any of my vehicles. Because of this I don't know too much about this.

Anyways, I noticed a while back my '04 (35,000 miles) Silverado was pulling to the right. Since I ride the bike more than I drive the truck, I didn't pay it much mind. Shortly after that, I noticed the truck vibrated alot when I steered to the right but no shaking at all when I'm steering to the left ... like when I'm going around a curve or switching lanes. Now the truck shakes at speeds anywhere above 55. Yesterday, I'm not sure what made me look, but I checked my front passenger-side tire and noticed the outer edge is beyond the point of just being worn, the freaking wires are starting to pop out.

My questions are after getting that tire replaced, should I get all 4 tires balanced? Also should I get an alignment? Could it be something more than just the balance and alignment?

Thanks in advance.

They will balance your tires when they put them on. I get a wheel alignment with new tires, and always rotate them every 5,000 miles they will last longer.

But I'm only getting one replaced. I've never seen them check the balance on all 4 when replacing only 1. Maybe my local shops are just lazy.

Believe it or not, if you rotate your tires and double check the air pressure, it will probably solve the problem.

If not, then get an alignment.

--Wag--

if you had one tire worn out you need to get the alignment check,because there is something wrong some where. unless it was a bad tire. i had a friend that had a tire that was bad on his 06 chevy the day he bought it, less than 50 miles.

Back