Car tire question?

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
I had new tires put on my car a couple of months ago. I just noticed that both of my drivers side tires don't have a wheel weight on the outside of the rim. Should they have one? Both passenger side tires have them. I noticed a slight vibration at 70 mph that goes away if I go faster, that is why I checked. I did have an alignment done when the tires where put on.

(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,10:04) I had new tires put on my car a couple of months ago.  I just noticed that both of my drivers side tires don't have a wheel weight on the outside of the rim.  Should they have one?  Both passenger side tires have them.  I noticed a slight vibration at 70 mph that goes away if I go faster, that is why I checked.  I did have an alignment done when the tires where put on.
All the tires don't have to have weights on both the inside and outside to be balanced properly...since you do have
a shimmy @ 70...I would go back to the shop and ask them to double check them
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 31 2006,12:13)
(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,10:04) I had new tires put on my car a couple of months ago.  I just noticed that both of my drivers side tires don't have a wheel weight on the outside of the rim.  Should they have one?  Both passenger side tires have them.  I noticed a slight vibration at 70 mph that goes away if I go faster, that is why I checked.  I did have an alignment done when the tires where put on.
All the tires don't have to have weights on both the inside and outside to be balanced properly...since you do have
wink.gif
That is what I plan on doing, just wanted to get a second opinion before I go make myself look like a fool. The car drove nice and smooth for awhile. I think my wife may have hit the railroad tracks kind of hard and knocked the weights off. What does it cost to get them balanced again?

(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,10:17)
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 31 2006,12:13)
wink.gif
That is what I plan on doing, just wanted to get a second opinion before I go make myself look like a fool.  The car drove nice and smooth for awhile.  I think my wife may have hit the railroad tracks kind of hard and knocked the weights off.  What does it cost to get them balanced again?
Around here they usually charge about ten bucks a tire to rebalance a tire...if ya bought them at a good chain
type outlet...check your receipt, many of them offer FREE rotations and rebalancing for their customers.

(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,12:19)
(ToyKraz @ Dec. 31 2006,12:17) When you take it back ask them to Road Force balance them.
what is that?
Nevermind...i googled it. Do most tire places have that technology? I plan on going back to Sears where I bought the tires.

(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,10:26)
(300Busa @ Dec. 31 2006,12:19)
(ToyKraz @ Dec. 31 2006,12:17) When you take it back ask them to Road Force balance them.
what is that?
Nevermind...i googled it.  Do most tire places have that technology?  I plan on going back to Sears where I bought the tires.
If you bought your tires @ Sears...it should not be a problem for you to get them checked for no charge
wink.gif

Yep Sears! depends on how big a mouth you got! Don't take no for an answer. Wally world has a road hazard even if you didn't buy em from them! $33.00 for all 4 and covers unlimited computer balancing and rotation, free flat repair, or road hazard adj if you blow one out on the RR xin! BTW the computer balance is probably why weight is on one side of wheel and not on other. Back in the day Hi speed spin balance was the way. Then we went to the 55 mph limits and that faded away! Comp will balance dynamically and statically. I would balance a buds tire by moving the tire on the wheel like using the yellow dot which is the lightest part of the tire, put there by the MFG. Like a bike tire. Using a bubble balancer you can get em perfect with no weight at all..  And final word one really shouldn't balance until 200 miles so the bead can seat anyway! It changes so ones with weight, bedded would have not needed it!!!   I know TOO much INFO
rock.gif

well I just checked my reciept and they will balance them for free. The only thing is, I forgot I bought one of the tires somewhere else because of a flat.

Also, I checked the pressure in all the tires 3 of them were about 40psi and my front driverside was at 62! I brought it down to the recommended 44psi and most of the vibration went away. There is still a slight vibration left, but I could be imagining it or trying to hard to feel it.

Back