Bad misfiring problem

gymrat829

Registered
Hey all, Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I've got an o1 busa, 31k. I bought the bike with a misfire b/c it was a very good deal and i believe fixable. The title is rebuilt and the bike had a prior collision so hopefully there no faulty electrical work. The Bike has a pretty bad misfure which seems to dissapear around 5,000-7,000rpm thats it. I'm desperate to solve this problem so i've bought New plugs, throttlebody with injectors, new fuel pump, and new coils. Im going to have it all installed as soon as the injectors and throttlebody arrive in the mail. If this doesn't solve the problem where should i start to look? I read another members post with a simular problem who found a faulty solder connection near the ECU. Where exactly is the ECU located? I just bought the bike 2 days ago im mechaically inclined but new to the hayabusa. Any help would be appriciated. Oh and also the frame and almost every part is completely chrome, i've heard that can short things out but again i have no idea where to begein, if i can get this problem fixed at less then 2,000 then i got this bike dirt cheap even with what i spent, so far im about 1,000 in the hole.

What mods have been done to the bike?
Oh yea sorry, Just a full Yosh pipe, headers all the way back, i dont believe its been tuned, my tech said once the misfire is solved he will tune the ecu for the pipe, the pipe is a little bent on the can only but there are no leaks. Dont give up on me guys im dead in the water here.

Here's a link that may help:  

And here's a pic:

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150834627 -->

post_6_26327_IMG_0217.jpg

There is also an easier way to block the PAIR by installing a marble under the airbox. This link should help show that one.

You will probably also want to download a copy of the service manual. Here's the link for that:

There is also an easier way to block the PAIR by installing a marble under the airbox.  This link should help show that one.
Thanks for all your help, but if i understand all the pair does is pull air from the airbox and inject it into the exhaust causing backfiring, i dont see how this could caue a misfire though, anyway im going to install some other parts now so ill do that mod as well. Any other ideas would be appriciated, Thanks.

That's just where I start. The ECU could be the culprit, but I'm no real mechanic. Changing the plugs may also take care of it. Good luck.

Back