Misfire below 4.5k rpm after low fuel

Pittnathan

Registered
Hi guys. I've recently bought my 08 busa and just joined this forum. Decided I'm too young @ 31 for my old v-max!

My problem is that my bike has all of a sudden developed a pre 4.5k rpm misfire. It ran fine when I last used it two weeks ago. But since then the battery's died and I've ran very low on fuel.

Not sure if it makes any difference but the bike has a full bazzaz engine management system and racefit exhaust.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The battery is critical to this bike, make absolutely sure the battery is completely charged and absolutely good.

As long as you don't run it out of fuel you should be alright.

Thanks for replying. The battery has died a couple of times in the last few months. I'll get a new one and try that first off. I have just found another post with the same symptoms which turned out to be the battery.

Get the battery load tested if money is tight. It may or may not be bad. If replacing it, you might consider a lithium replacement because overall they seem to be better, but also in your case they handle longer down times without charging. Consider getting a battery tender. They come with a quick connect/disconnect connector.

Get the battery load tested if money is tight. It may or may not be bad. If replacing it, you might consider a lithium replacement because overall they seem to be better, but also in your case they handle longer down times without charging. Consider getting a battery tender. They come with a quick connect/disconnect connector.

I've no power in my garage or I'd trickle charge it. I did use a solar powered trickle charger just before the fault started. Maybe that has damaged the weak battery?

Without prying, if you have a rental garage or something of that nature, pull the battery when you're gonna be down for a month or better and take it home and keep it on a charger. Do not place it on a concrete floor. Otherwise the Lithium can take it much, much better than the sealed lead acid.

Run a drop cord from the outside of the house to the garage.

My alarm seems to drain my battery quite quickly. I think my battery is prob old. I'll take you advice and disconnect in the future. Thanks.

If a battery don't fix it throw a set of plugs in it. I have had BUSAs foul plugs while trying to start with a weak battery.

Oh, alarm. Yes bikes with alarms have to be kept on a tender. Alarm systems drain batteries quick.

Back