Thread No. 6 :(. 2000ry Rough Idle Below 3000rpm, Misfire At 9000rpm Onwards. Help!!!

Those arnt my symptoms, so I'm guessing that my ckps is ok, I was hoping that maybe it could cause my issues but most people are confirming what I already thought about the ckps.
I'm in contact with a guy that might have a proven good set of coils and there's a tested set of gen 1 injectors on eBay for £90, I've sent him a question, about compatibility with my throttle bodies.
Do you know if they changed the injectors on the gen 1s, as you mentioned that they changed the ECU internals, on the later gen 1s? could later injectors be incompatible with the first gen 1 ecus?

Sounds like we're in the same boat other then my issue is on 1 and 4. Did I read that you got the issue to move to another cylinder? What was swapped exactly to get that result? I've got a call out to a Busa expert here in the states. Guy builds 700 HP bikes. I'm hoping he'll have some insight. I'll let you know. I'm going to talk to him about installing some rebuilt Honda S2000 injectors. I've read that they are the the same unit but heavier spray. Which I want for my turbo.

I swapped coils and got my codes to come up on 1 and 2 cylinder but I think it's a red herring, it was always no. 3 and then 3 and 4, so I have nothing conclusive, I'm putting my money on injectors at the moment, I have a good set on the way, off a 10k bike that have recently been serviced, so at least I can eliminate injectors, if that doesn't fix my problem, I will go down the coil path but I've been swapping out 3 different sets of coils, I find it hard to believe that I have 12 faulty coils but they are all second hand, so of course, it's possible, when everything has been eliminated, what's left, no matter how improbable, has to be the cause and I've eliminated so much.
I look forward to your findings and I'll update as soon as I receive and fit these injectors.

Fingers crossed David! The poxy delivery company has to do its job first,and don't forget if your issues are still there get the thing to me and we can play about for the day!

I talked to Scott Horner, He owns Head Up performance in Sandy, Utah. He's having me check my Cam sensor by starting the engine then unplugging it before I rev it up. I think you've already tried that. I'm gonna give it a shot when I get home. I asked him about the injectors and he's not sure that would cause my issue.

Update-:
New/good injectors fitted, no change.
Spoke to a Suzuki mechanic today, he told me, next job is to change the ckps, after I got him upto speed on the things that I'd eliminated, swapped and changed.
So, a new stator and ckps combined, is on the way from m&p for £83.99.

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy a ckps separate, the wires of the ckps are run inside the sheath of the stator windings, Suzuki quoted me £296 including vat. so 84 was pretty good.
At least it will eliminate the stator winding too.

New part arrived, just need to fit it, hopefully it will cure my engine problem.

image.jpg

Thought I better update this thread, I forgot to give the result of fitting the new ckps/stator component.
It fixed my running problem.
2 years of grief, mainly down to a faulty crankshaft position sensor.
Hope this helps others.

I'm really happy for you. Feels good to solve a problem that's been this tough to crack.

I admit, we didn't have the exact same problem, but we both suffered from one of the two most likely to fail sensors.

In my case the throttle response was very unreliable. Sometimes it shut off when I tried to accelerate fast. Sometimes it wouldn't run above 7000 rpm and sometimes it was fine for days.
I've only test ridden mine for 40 kms on the road but I sure hope the TPS was my gremlin as it was quite expensive.
No problems on either dyno or the road after having changed the Throttle Position Sensor.

Now a plenum is being built for my turbo conversion :)

Keep the rubber side down Dave ;)

Cheers

That's great news about yours Karl, I've heard the tps can throw up inconsistent running problems because of degraded or broken contact material, inside the sensor/potentiometer.
Sounds like you are going to have a lot more power, to deal with soon, bit rich for my wallet and uk winters are never much fun, with cold tyres and lots of grunt.
Safe riding Karl :).

Back