Backfired today?? New 04 Busa? Help.

Shindo97

Registered
its a 2004 with about 6k miles on it.

I had just got done washing it, and then it sat for about an hour. i got on it for a little ride, and when i exited the highway it stalled. This happens alot because the idle has dropped to like 900 since my first oil change a few thousand miles back. I know it needs to be readjusted.

As i was trying to restart it, it was struggling, adn then backfired really loud. After that it started up and i drove back home.

Suzuki is saying bring it in to look at the plugs, and air filter, but they dont know whats up for sure.

Any ideas?

rock.gif
Never had anything like that happen to my 04. I know I need to adjust my idle also, maybe I'll head out to the garage today and get that done.

are you sure something wasn't wet? sounds like wet electricals...if it hasn't happened before always look at the last thing you did to it...

You need to adjust your idle to 1100-1200RPM, a low idle could turn into a dangerous situation....for example your cruising along and some unforeseen emergency pops up and you pull in the clutch and brake to avoid it.....now the bike has stalled because of the low idle....now your having trouble restarting it and somebody comes by and runs you over because they didn't see you or expect any one to be there.  
rock.gif

As for the back fire....its probably because of the low idle speed....with the idle set too low the engine is not getting enough air and fuel builds up in the exhaust system.....when it finally does start you get a back fire.  
wink.gif

look dude,this is what happened;after it stalled and wouldnt start,the fuel and air that wasnt burned(while trying to start it) collected in the exhaust pipe. after it fired, the hot exhaust leaving the cylinder ignited the unburned fuel that had collected.not a big deal
unless, of course, it backfires occasionally or often(it only backfired the one time,right?)
btw-your idle speed has no effect upon the air/fuel ratio entering the cylinder
and not to be rude;but if you cant adjust your own idle you need to reconsider your lifestyle,motorcycles require alot of day to day maintenance and taking it to a shop every time you need routine tasks done is going to get expensive

still Don't understand why your bike is stalling anyway, low Idle or not... Then a Hard to start Fuel Injected inline four? Doesn't sound right. I'd go ahead and have it looked at... Might be something silly as your Idle, or you using alot of throttle when trying to start it. (Don't use any)...

still Don't understand why your bike is stalling anyway, low Idle or not...  Then a Hard to start Fuel Injected inline four?  Doesn't sound right.  I'd go ahead and have it looked at...  Might be something silly as your Idle, or you using alot of throttle when trying to start it.  (Don't use any)...
when motors stall, they tend to flood,making them hard to start ;if it becomes a persistent problem after adjusting the idle,then start looking at something else
maybe a too low idle speed might combine with the throttle position sensor to briefly starve the motor of fuel while taking off from a stop? hence stalling
provided that the idle isnt so low that the bike just doesnt want to run

thanks for all the responses....

grinch...um yeah....so your post was worthless. I dont need to re consider anything. What kind of jackass comment is that anyway?

So i have this 800HP supra that i didnt turn a wrench on...i am suppose to get rid of it because i am not a master mechanic or tuner?

Jackass....

and not to be rude;but if you cant adjust your own idle you need to reconsider your lifestyle,motorcycles require alot of day to day maintenance and taking it to a shop every time you need routine tasks done is going to get expensive [/QUOTE]

What kind of logic is that supposed to be
rock.gif
There are lot of people who are not tech savy so you say they should not touch a vehicle... gwad! I have heard it all
wink.gif

Back