back on a busa

tourbus

Registered
well im crawling back L.O.L, i traded my 2003 busa awhile back for my 07 zx-10R thinking i wanted a pure corner carver. Everytime i ride a litre bike i like them less and less,they are to uncomfortable for my 6'0 265lb body and the enjoyment of riding them in ks is lacking as well. Oddly enough im going with a new "blue" 2007 busa that i will be picking up monday. i still like the genI's looks and im getting a great deal & figured i would ride this one till 2010-11 and then get genII.im purdy excited

Welcome back Tourbus! I was considering selling my 'busa for a liter bike given the deals available on leftover '07's and the fact I live 50 miles from the Dragon. I was warned away by several people on this board and elsewhere. How long before the 10R had you feeling uncomfortable? Anyway, hope you have a good time on the '07.
beerchug.gif

welcome back.,.if it were a suzuki gsxr and you were a little smaller you probably wouldnt of come back!!

but a Busa is better for a big fella like yourself..

guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

if it were a suzuki gsxr and you were a little smaller you probably wouldnt of come back!!
+1!

It's why I haven't come back (yet). But seriously, a liter isn't for everyone. Truthfully, If I weren't doing as many trackdays as I have been and have ambitions to clubrace, I would've never bought my Gixx. Liters are pretty much roadrace bikes with lights and mirrors on them. The ergos can be pretty rough if you've got a bad back or are pretty big.

I'm 6' and weighed 238 lbs when I first switched to the Gixx. I've been working out hard since June and now only weigh 205. I've still got 20 lbs to my ideal weight. But the 33 lbs lost makes a HUGE difference in comfort, ergos and overall stamina for the track. But once you get dialed in with the bike, it really is a small slice of heaven. With the exception of being on a World Superbike or GP bike, there's nothing like a liter.

Welcome back Tourbus! I was considering selling my 'busa for a liter bike given the deals available on leftover '07's and the fact I live 50 miles from the Dragon. I was warned away by several people on this board and elsewhere. How long before the 10R had you feeling uncomfortable? Anyway, hope you have a good time on the '07.  
beerchug.gif
Its weird some days i could ride my 10R or my dads cbr1KRR (which he is trading in today for a 08 busa and the same reason im getting rid of mine) for 100-150 miles w/o much of a problem anything over that though did get uncomfortable,then there are days where they hurt my neck and wrist's as soon as i get out of the driveway.You'd think a 32yr old wouldnt have much of a problem riding a litre bike but my pysical size is hurting me. i do excercise on a daily basis which helps but my wrist's,hands,legs hurting more times than not take away from the fun of a litre bike. Also i sport tour and a zx-10 just isnt all that good for that either. I just hope i dont get the 07 and kick myself in 2mo's for not getting the 08

I keep looking at that white 08 Busa & I think I really want to trade in my 05....it looks soo cherry!
bowdown.gif

That is one of the reasons I got a busa I'm 6'3 230 and me and liter bike don't get along on long trips.

I've ridden only one litre bike and it was a zx10r. I didn't find it too uncomfortable at all but it did absolutely nothing, and i mean nothing, for me. I read all the magazines on it when it came out and they made it out like the second coming. One thing I did learn from riding it is that magazines are out to sell motorcycles and to just really buy what you need/want and what tugs at your heart strings. For me, personally, I couldn't stand the absolute lack of power below 6-7000 rpm and also when you are ripping on it, the guages weren't legible or in focus. I realize we are in a golden age of performance but it just goes to show not even litre bikes are perfect and maybe if I ever get to ride a zook 1k I would change my mind on them but for now give me at least 1299cc.

beerchug.gif
i don't live near the gap but ditto here.

if it were a suzuki gsxr and you were a little smaller you probably wouldnt of come back!!
+1!

It's why I haven't come back (yet). But seriously, a liter isn't for everyone. Truthfully, If I weren't doing as many trackdays as I have been and have ambitions to clubrace, I would've never bought my Gixx. Liters are pretty much roadrace bikes with lights and mirrors on them. The ergos can be pretty rough if you've got a bad back or are pretty big.

I'm 6' and weighed 238 lbs when I first switched to the Gixx. I've been working out hard since June and now only weigh 205. I've still got 20 lbs to my ideal weight. But the 33 lbs lost makes a HUGE difference in comfort, ergos and overall stamina for the track. But once you get dialed in with the bike, it really is a small slice of heaven. With the exception of being on a World Superbike or GP bike, there's nothing like a liter.
post like this make it so difficult
banghead.gif

one post says one way, one another! ARGGGH !
laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Keep the Busa and add a GSXR750 for Dragon riding...

Don_on_the_Dragon_2.jpg

well im crawling back L.O.L, i traded my 2003 busa awhile back for my 07 zx-10R thinking i wanted a pure corner carver. Everytime i ride a litre bike i like them less and less,they are to uncomfortable for my 6'0 265lb body and the enjoyment of riding them in ks is lacking as well. Oddly enough im going with a new "blue" 2007 busa that i will be picking up monday. i still like the genI's looks and im getting a great deal & figured i would ride this one till 2010-11 and then get genII.im purdy excited
+1 on the GenI I sat on an 08 yesterday and it seemed heavy and awkward compared to my 05...

having a Busa and a GSXR1000

..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................

PRICELESS!!!!

Back