B- king lowering links

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if anyone knows of busa lowering links will work on a b- king? Doing some work on one and the only options I've been able to find are the soupy's adjustable or some cheap ebay ones. Not a big fan of the adjustable type but would probably be the best bet but the price seems crazy for what you're buying. Appreciate any help :beerchug:

Brocks has adjustble links but they're more expensive than Soupy's. I heard Soupy's are stronger but they are not light in weight. Brocks are aluminum, Soupy's must be all steel.

I saw a guy who made his own lowering links out of a flat piece of aluminum. That's all the stockers are. I'm sure it's important to use the right alloy and maybe the aluminum is forged or something to ensure the metal has no internal flaws.

folks?

serious question

why, the heck, do you put your busa lower, maybe only in the rear?

i can't understand it, unless it is a question of taste.

but in terms of driving dynamics, especially on winding, curvy country roads, lowering the bike is absolutely counterproductive.

the lean angle is drastically restricted

and the agility, especially when lowering is only done at the rear, becomes even more like a train on its rails.

such a modified chassis geometry also increases the necessary steering forces again.

in my view (out of my experiances) a such modified bike is very close to be no more quick steerable
and
if only lowered in the rear it will understeer in every corner.

so why?

only an application of this kind of lowering front and rear on the 1/4 mile or similar would be sensible and understandable for me.

the old man from across the pond :hello:
who looooooooooooooves curvy roads ;)
and to stay quick even in the curves ;)

my philosophy, even near to be 63, is:
the best "connection" between two straights is a curve
:lol:

folks?

serious question

why, the heck, do you put your busa lower, maybe only in the rear?

i can't understand it, unless it is a question of taste.

but in terms of driving dynamics, especially on winding, curvy country roads, lowering the bike is absolutely counterproductive.

the lean angle is drastically restricted

and the agility, especially when lowering is only done at the rear, becomes even more like a train on its rails.

such a modified chassis geometry also increases the necessary steering forces again.

in my view (out of my experiances) a such modified bike is very close to be no more quick steerable
and
if only lowered in the rear it will understeer in every corner.

so why?

only an application of this kind of lowering front and rear on the 1/4 mile or similar would be sensible and understandable for me.

the old man from across the pond :hello:
who looooooooooooooves curvy roads ;)
and to stay quick even in the curves ;)

my philosophy, even near to be 63, is:
the best "connection" between two straights is a curve
:lol:
Frank.... the guy has short legs.
Unlike yourself :poke:

(..)I saw a guy who made his own lowering links out of a flat piece of aluminum. ...)

yeah man and i did so too several times - with no technical issues at all

for anybody´s info - the best alu would be the type "5083" / Al Mg4.5 Mn0.7

please 7 mm thick - otherwise the standard bolts would be too long ;)

- strong enough to be used as links
- easy to get polished
- good anodizable
and easy to drill holes in

Frank.... the guy has short legs.
Unlike yourself :poke:

dear seriously

then he should look for so called "lady"-boots
as we can buy here nearly any where (manufacturer is e.g. "Daytona")
and their outer shape is 100% identic to men´s boots.

those boots have up to 2.5 cm / 1" thicker shoe soles than usual

if those, so called, "lady-boots" are not available
join a shoemaker and let him put simply a second / 1" thicker sole to the boots - the effect will be the same.

but to only drop the busa´s rear is absurd - if the bike has to be lowerd that much the same value at the front is a must - for safety/security reasons !
otherwise .... see above

even a "dance on the ball of the foot" is so much more safe than this lowering the rear.

the only lowering of the FRONT by 1/2 - 3/4" causes the same effect for the short legs
and is allways the better way instead of that stupid rear lowering

the how-to i described here at my homepage
here the pic in english
Lenkererhoehung_15mm_engl.jpg

Last edited:
dear seriously

then he should look for so called "lady"-boots
as we can buy here nearly any where (manufacturer is e.g. "Daytona")
and their outer shape is 100% identic to men´s boots.

those boots have up to 2.5 cm / 1" thicker shoe soles than usual

if those, so called, "lady-boots" are not available
join a shoemaker and let him put simply a second / 1" thicker sole to the boots - the effect will be the same.

but to only drop the busa´s rear is absurd - if the bike has to be lowerd that much the same value at the front is a must - for safety/security reasons !
otherwise .... see above

even a "dance on the ball of the foot" is so much more safe than this lowering the rear.

the only lowering of the FRONT by 1/2 - 3/4" causes the same effect for the short legs
and is allways the better way instead of that stupid rear lowering

the how-to i described here at my homepage
here the pic in english
View attachment 1631456
I wasn't asking about a busa I was asking about a b- king, and I'm not just doing the "stupid rear lowering" im lowering the front as well and a b-king doesn't need any spacers to lower the front. I understand there's a language barrier between us but I noticed you getting mad about a thread you "wasted" your time replying to the other day because you didn't read or understand the title that said it was for a bike that wasn't a busa. You are definitely willing to be helpful around here but your tone does have a tendency to come off a bit aggressive to a lot of people. I'm the first person to try and talk people out of lowering a bike especially busas but if you hit the search button and lookup lowering b- king you'll actually read a thread that says lowering it seemed to make it better in the turns which in this case would be a bonus along with my buddy being able to actually flat foot the bike with his short legs. :beerchug:

Back