B king crash/stunt cage

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
Ok so a guy I know with a b king had a but if a mishap yesterday and now needs some repairs to his king. When he got the bike it came with a cage on it and seeing as how the cage pretty much kept him from losing his leg yesterday he wants to try and find another one while I'm repairing it. Does anyone know of a company that made a cage for the king or does anyone possibly have one laying around they'd want to part with? Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. :beerchug:

That's a smart buddy you got. We're never a hundred percent safe no matter what we do but anything that evens the odds some can be a life saver.

I hope he finds his new cage. I see a few two piece cage units when I do a shopping search.

That's a smart buddy you got. We're never a hundred percent safe no matter what we do but anything that evens the odds some can be a life saver.

I hope he finds his new cage. I see a few two piece cage units when I do a shopping search.
Looking around it seems it might be possible to fit a busa cage to it but I still can't find any made like the one he had. Although I'm not sure I'm gonna be the one to work on it now, he's thinking of taking it into a dealer and claiming it thru his insurance. He doesn't have horrible damage compared to the busa i just did but it looks like a piece of the block is broke where the stator cover mates and looks like it may have possibly cracked it on the inside where the dowel pin is. That's just from the pics I've seen since I haven't actually put my hands on the bike yet.
IMG_42521.jpg
IMG_42531.jpg

it looks like a piece of the block is broke where the stator cover mates and looks like it may have possibly cracked it on the inside where the dowel pin is.
Hopefully the engine shut off immediately but I'd think it would be unlikley any particles would have been carried into the engine from the stator. Foreign matter still might obstruct oil back to the oil pan though. Just a guess, I haven't looked at the oil flow diagram. Those threads might be reparable with some helicoils or something. The crack located at the lowest point in your pic seems to be threads going into the block as well. That dowel pin does look very off center like it stretched the hole it's in but I'd think it would be cocked or something. Looks straight. Maybe it's just a weirdly positioned dowel pin.

So not trying to be a smart-arse, but why would you want to replace a crash protection system that didn't protect the engine? I get it kept the bike off his leg but stunt cages are made for the bike to fall on the side all day. Anyway, just a thought. Maybe it's time to try another cage?

So not trying to be a smart-arse, but why would you want to replace a crash protection system that didn't protect the engine? I get it kept the bike off his leg but stunt cages are made for the bike to fall on the side all day. Anyway, just a thought. Maybe it's time to try another cage?
I get what your saying but it actually did keep the damage to a minimum with how he hit the other bike. He didn't actually lay the bike down he had another rider turn in front of him while he was going 100+ and the cage kept the bike from hitting his leg and ultimately he like the protecting of the cage because he had dropped the bike off the stand before and didn't end up with a scratch on it

Back