B-king at the strip

StrtRac3r

Registered
So I decided to go out with a couple friends to the local strip tonight and had kind of a weird issue.

When gettin it, the tach couldn't keep up. 3 times I hit the rev limiter, all before the needle came close. Once I wasn't sure if I missed it because I wasn't in a staring contest with it so I don't know what it read but from my last glance it seemed early (2nd gear) and I watched on the other two (first gear) once it hit just before 9k, and once just after reading 9k.

Anyone have this happen on a king or anything else newer? What did you do, what can I do? Around town it seems right on, just seems like it can't keep up with 1st and 2nd.

And I don't wanna short shift more than I need to, so guessing won't work for me. Only thing I can think of is a shift light.... Wish it would work proper.

Oh and it's an 08 king, 14k miles.

It's all that power lol. Seriously though I haven't heard of anyone that has had this issue. I'm sure a shift light would come in handy. I haven't hit my rev limiter yet on muly 2002 busa yet,but I do have a short shifting problem lol. Best of luck!

It's all that power lol. Seriously though I haven't heard of anyone that has had this issue. I'm sure a shift light would come in handy. I haven't hit my rev limiter yet on muly 2002 busa yet,but I do have a short shifting problem lol. Best of luck!

Yeah I've taken my 02 Busa there with no issues. And I know I don't need to shift at redline every time, but by my few runs I imagine it will fluctuate depending on a good launch or bad launch bringing the engine rpm up faster or kind of rolling on it. Anyway, maybe just over thinkin it, but it bugged me.

Never heard of one being slow (at least on a Busa)...normally they are 400-600RPM optimistic!

I kinda wanna see if the gen II plug is the same, I doubt it, but would be a nice side by side comparison.

The B-King ecu is physically the same as the gen2 Busa, and it can be flashed as a Busa, and with the restrictions removed.
I flashed my 08 B-King this way, as well as adding ram air tubes, and removing the exhaust's mid pipe's valve(or set the valve all the way open).
These simple changes really wake up the B-King, and make it as strong as the Busa.
Definitely worth doing.

The B-King ecu is physically the same as the gen2 Busa, and it can be flashed as a Busa, and with the restrictions removed.
I flashed my 08 B-King this way, as well as adding ram air tubes, and removing the exhaust's mid pipe's valve(or set the valve all the way open).
These simple changes really wake up the B-King, and make it as strong as the Busa.
Definitely worth doing.

Might have to work my way that direction. But I think I might have to just start bringing the Busa only to the strip, if something bad happens its a lot easier to find deals on parts.

That's kind of interesting. How do you know a shift light would not have the same delay issues? It would be interesting to hook an independent Tech to it and compare.

That's kind of interesting. How do you know a shift light would not have the same delay issues? It would be interesting to hook an independent Tech to it and compare.

The shift light would be working off the ignition not the crank position sensor... Also has no sweep to deal with. That my theory at least.

Quick shifters are the go !!
IMG_20181209_142533.jpg

Back