AZ RIDERS: MURDER of multiple riders on the 74

I'm thinking that until we get more information none of us can truly state whos at fault.

truck driver had a seizure? dropped his candy bar? same result and different method. brakeline snap?

just wait on info and pray for the critically wounded.

yea its scary, check if u have friends. I will be riding up in that direction tomorow, please be carefull.

I'm thinking that until we get more information none of us can truly state whos at fault.

truck driver had a seizure? dropped his candy bar? same result and different method. brakeline snap?

just wait on info and pray for the critically wounded.

+1, it was an accident.. too early to be calling it murder.

My condolences to the fallen riders and their families :(

Wow, I suppose guilty until proven innocent is your view?

Sucks that this happend, but we take the risk everyday riding in the streets with these cagers.

You make it sound like it was the riders fault for being there. The driver has already admitted to flipping threw his paperwork while he was driving and they took him to the hospital to do drug and alcohol testing on him.

I have been hit by a car while changing a flat tire on the side of the freeway. Is it my fault that the driver wasn't paying attention to his driving because he leaned over into the passenger footwell to pick up his cell phone that had fallen?

I know that I take a risk riding out on the road everyday with people in cars, but it is not my fault if they are not paying attention to what they are doing while driving.

This is the statement that cought my attention.

"He was in shock," Krukoff said. "He (said) he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork."

I hope they throw everything in the book at this guy. He should be put in jail for life. He has destroyed the lives of at least 3 families today and there may be more if the others do not pull threw.

Anyone that feels the driver should get a break: The driver claims he was "shuffling his paperwork". Do you think that doing something other than concentrating on driving, and ramming into a group of 20 bikes and two other vehicles earns him a break? Sorry, I am not as forgiving as you.

Anyone that feels the driver should get a break: The driver claims he was "shuffling his paperwork". Do you think that doing something other than concentrating on driving, and ramming into a group of 20 bikes and two other vehicles earns him a break? Sorry, I am not as forgiving as you.

Neither am I. Seems it is OK to kill people with a motor vehicle (texting, reading, doing nails, etc.), they call it an 'accident'. If you did it with a gun its murder. Whatever the method the individual should have known that what they were doing is inherently dangerous and could have fatal consequences. Hey just a few less bikers to worry about, damn noisy things...right?

What a tragedy:( Murder, very unlikely… I don’t think BenWoj42’s comment was to say it was their fault in any way. I understand it as pointing out that we are all vulnerable to negligent drivers.

It happened 2 blocks from my house...unbelievably sad and makes me so pissed off at the same time. It was a Phoenix motorcycle club who's one big mantra was not to drink and ride. My wife was out there helping out the fire and police department any way she could passing out water and such...you just feel so helpless wanting to do more. One of the riders is a Phoenix fire department captain, and he looks as if he's going to pull through. I haven't seen where they've released the names yet.

Dan:(

People need to be held responsible for their actions. This was not an accident. It is a clear case of negligence if the details prove to be correct and this driver was doing something other than driving and his actions caused this carnage. He alone is responsible and he should be held accountable and serve a long term in prison for the people that lost their lives directly due to his actions.

What a tragedy:( Murder, very unlikely… I don’t think BenWoj42’s comment was to say it was their fault in any way. I understand it as pointing out that we are all vulnerable to negligent drivers.

The way that he BenWoj42's comment came across to me was that it was the bikers fault for being there. Those bikers, just like us were out for a nice ride and a good time with a group of friends. This is not the first time that riders have been killed while waiting at a stop sign/stop light. I know of at least 3 other incidents like this that has happened in the last 2 years.

Of course, prayers to all. For me, being at a light, waiting for that approaching car behind me is the most nerve racking. I tap the brake lightly usually to let them know that I'm there...at a dead stop...in 1st gear. You're vulnerable, and you've got to pay close attention when that light turns red.

If there is not already a car stopped behind me, I keep the bike in gear and as the car coming up gets closer I tap the brake lever lightly to let the other cars around me know that I am there.

Back