Awful customer service with allthingschrome

nabusa

Registered
So I ordered a 240 wheel from allthingschrome. I didn't order it with a sprocket because in the past I know people ALWAYS screw up putting the bolts in the hub. It came with a vortex sprocket, I can't stand p.o.s. vortex sprockets so I went to unbolt them. Upon close inspection I see metal shavings pressed around the screw :banghead:. I know exactly what this means, who ever in their parts department put the sprocket on the hub crossed threaded it. So I go to unbolt the sprocket to see what damage is there....not a single bolt will move. I look closely have the have permanent lock tight on all the bolts :banghead:.

So I call them up and they tell me why was I trying to take the sprocket off? Um it is my wheel, I do not use vortex sprockets so I am putting my own. They said ok so what's the problem. I tell them well the threads on the sprocket holes are cross threaded. And you guys used permanent locktite on the bolts so I can't get them out. Their response word for word "well have you tried to retap the holes? Also you have to head up the threads to take the bolts out" :banghead::banghead: My response, why would I have to fix something I did not do on a brand new rim I just got from you when YOU are the one that did not install it right? Well sir that is what you have to do. I am so pissed off right now. So you sell a brand new part to a customer, but screw up the part and the customer has to fix it out of his own pocket? Really? Seriously? Never again will I buy a single thing from them.

Oh best part is they told me I voided my warranty once you remove the sprocket :banghead:

Same old song and dance from those guys... Sounds like they aren't going to work with you on it though. At the very least, I would have a chat with my CC company about this. Get the money back if you can.

I would send it back. Looks like to me you could call someone (maybe consumer affairs) about the bad business they are doing and have something done about it. There has to be someone else that makes what you want. Best of luck

That sux Brother!! Hope you get it settled!!

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I think they should rethink their mission statement...

I OPENED ALL THINGS CHROME IN 1995
MAKING BILLET AFTERMARKET MOTORCYCLE PARTS.*
WITH THE HOPES OF BEING THE BEST.
I ACHIEVED MY GOAL
AND NOW PROUDLY SERVING MANY REPEAT CUSTOMERS.
MY CUSTOMERS LOOK FOR GREAT QUALITY AND INCREDIBLE SERVICE AND THE BEST PRICES.
I TRY TO DELIVER ON THESE EXPECTATIONS EVERY TIME.
I BELIVE THAT YOUR SATIFACTION SHOULD BE GUARANTEED.
I HAVE BEEN IN THE CHROME BUSINESS OVER 30 YEARS.
PROUDLY SERVING THE COMMUNITY.
MY* SEVICE,COMPETITIVE PRICES,
AND OVERALL VALUE
ARE WHY MY CUSTOMERS KEEP RETURNING.
I LOOK FOWARD TO YOUR BUSINESS

CAN AM SPYDER
FAT TIRE KITS
240-300-330-360
CONTACT US
FOR YOUR FAT TIRE KITS

WE HAVE OUR HATER SHIRTS
FOR SALE
CALL AND GET YOURS TODAY

MANY BIKES
FOR SALE
WE HAVE THE BIKE FOR YOU
MILD TO WILD
*SOME WITH FAT TIRE KITS
*SOME STOCK
GREAT DEALS

BIG WHEEL SALE
HUNDREDS OF WHEELS
IN STOCK
ALL SIZES
240-300-330
360-400-450
CHECK US OUT

ATTENTION: * ALL THIINGS CHROME
IN ASSOCIATION WITH LICENSED AUTHORIZED DEALERS
CAN OFFER FINANCING WITH FULL WARRANTY
ON MOST* POPULAR* MOTORCYCLES
CALL AND ORDER YOUR CUSTOM BIKE TODAY
INSTALLATION OF PARTS WITH APPOINTMENTS
FIANCING AVAILABLE ON OUR FAT TIRE KITS
WITH APPROVED CREDIT
615-431-2294
WE OFFER OUR PARTS IN:
RAW BILLET
CHROME
BLACK POWDER COATING
AND SPECIAL ORDER COLORS

Email them a link to this thread and ask them if being slammed on a worldwide forum of 30,000 members is worth upsetting one person.

They should rethink taking a spelling class as well.

Notice that is says they believe your satisfaction SHOULD be guaranteed. Nowhere does it say your satisfaction IS guaranteed. I know that's a petty argument, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear it from them.

Oh, and how does removal of a consumable part (sprocket) void the warranty? They would lose that one in small claims court.

If I ship it back to ask for a refund they want a 20% restocking fee along with the cost of a new hub. Because the hub that THEY cross treaded needs to be replaced. I am shipping it back to them same box and wrap they used to ship it to me. My bank is going to refund my money, that is what my bank told me to do.

If I ship it back to ask for a refund they want a 20% restocking fee along with the cost of a new hub. Because the hub that THEY cross treaded needs to be replaced.

Nope. I think you need to be on the phone with your CC company next.

I used my visa check card through my bank. They told me me once they package is received they will put the money back into my account.

I used my visa check card through my bank. They told me me once they package is received they will put the money back into my account.

All of it? No restocking or other crap fees?

make sure you get a signature delivery confirmation that way that cant deny(to the bank) that they didnt get it back.

youre bank will get ALL of your $$ back. had to do the same thing once with another company.

Yes sir, I took pictures before and after I unwrapped it (I always do that just in case a company tries to rip me off). Bank said they will refund me in full. Yes I am getting signature delivery, I learned my lesson on that years ago.

ouch.. man they are a bunch of :soapbox: thankgod I didnt order my kit from them.. good thing your bank has your back on this and gonna get your full money back.. that should teach them a lesson.. hopefully..

I tell you what, that is why it's hard for honest shops to stay afloat... Amreican shops wonder why every forum spends it's money with chinese companies...honest days pay for a honest days work..

Oh best part is they told me I voided my warranty once you remove the sprocket

Unless they put some revolutionary new metal sprocket that doesn't wear, that sprocket is supposed to be able to removed easily. If its a Vortec quite a few people have complained about how quickly they wear on the Busa and have preferred stock sprockets over a Vortec.

I have avoided ATC after they did someone here dirty there are a couple of people here that swear by them and have never had issues. But after reading your post I am glad I have stayed away from them. Sorry for your pain, some companies go the extra mile for customers when you find them you stop comparing prices and just buy from them. Good luck with these people

Yes sir, I took pictures before and after I unwrapped it (I always do that just in case a company tries to rip me off). Bank said they will refund me in full. Yes I am getting signature delivery, I learned my lesson on that years ago.

I do the same thing with packages I receive and send. You just never know.....

Back