Awesome opportunity for a board member

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Da Rubbah is working with Sieg the very tallented artist from Moscow.  We are working towards an auction for one of his very fine one of a kind pencil drawings. We are still working on the details but what we hope to do is this:
I will be sending him some photo's of our bikes,which he will use to draw from. So what I'm hoping is that if a member really wanted to have this artwork very personalized,we could work out something where our friend Jin could use YOUR photo's,and we would then skip the auction process and just have that member receive the artwork.
 It is a long process(I can only imagine,I have no skillz myself,well except for making that noise with my armpit) so we are trying to figure out what something like this might be worth. So, if you are interested in having something like that done, lets talk. If no one individual wants to take the plunge then we would lean towards having a stock Busa drawn.
Then that artwork would go up for auction or raffle. This idea is in its infancy and all idea's/suggestions will of course need the approval of the artist,da Rubb and The Cap'n.

So, thoughts?  comments?  question?

RSD.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "spelling grammer , you know,the usual"|1140370445 -->

Sounds good to me I want a Asian Samurai scene all over my bike with dragons..But iwant a million dollars also.. But what you are talking about is an awesome idea

good idea maybe just choose one bike or a pose everyone likes then open it up for auction would make things simpler than trying to sketch some ones own bike. the only problem i see if your own bike is sketched ya are going to have expectations that might not be met. if you can see an image of what you are biding on would be said and done
smile.gif

good idea maybe just choose one bike or a pose everyone likes then open it up for auction would make things simpler than trying to sketch some ones own bike. the only problem i see if your own bike is sketched ya are going to have expectations that might not be met. if you can see an image of what you are biding on would be said and done
smile.gif
good thoughts.

You never know,maybe one of the guys with the big bank roll will be interested. Myself personally,I'd love to have a one of a kind drawing of my bike. Especially one that was drawn by a guy from moscow...neat conversation piece right.

thanks, RSD.

ROBOPTI"S bike would be a perfect choice for him to draw. Then of course mine is not a bad idea too.
wink.gif

I'm hoping someone has the funds to have their bike done.

One of a kind art is very cool. I would go for it,but don't even have a bike right now.

here's a cool one of a kind that a kid made for me in Mexico...what tallent...done with spray cans and a rusty butter knife....no shid.

art_001a.jpg

I've got a one man thread going here...

this I had made in Mexico too. The kid brought it to me a few days later after I told him what I wanted.

He makes things out of colored straw.

Thats all, just dyed straw.

art_005a.jpg

A great idea, wish I had the bank to get in on something like that! Would be awesome if the drawing ended up as a design on the .org shirts and stuff...... (just thinking out loud..... )

Back