^^^^awesome bar ends^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
2 sets of bar ends courstesy of the cool board member <span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>brendanp</span></span>

These are highly polished and custom made by Brendan (the man has 20+ years in the machining trade).

He is so confident of his work he'll buy them back from the auction winners if they are not 100% satisfied.

Of course Rubb wont hear of that,the guy has already donated his time and materials.So,if you are the high bidder on these,the Org will refund you if you are not happy.I will hold the funds in my Paypal until the winner recieves the bar ends and is happy. Nobody gets a bad deal on the Org with Rubb in charge.

I scanned the net and the least expensive ones are about 29.oo bucks. We will start the bidding on these at 25.oo with 100% of the procedes going to the Org as usual.

There are 2 sets. One set I will call "The Spikes",the other set I will call "The Kegs" (they look like little beer kegs). The auction will start now...and end next Saturday night (Aug 5th) at midnight(PST).

Big thanks to Brendan,big thanks to those who will be helping out OUR Org by bidding.

Thanks,RSD.

These pics dont do them justice. They are flawless. You will be happy garanteed.

The spikes: starting bid 25.oo

bar3.jpg

Brendan just pointed this out to me:

The bar ends are made of Stainless Steel,not Aluminum.
Aluminum is much lighter and defeats the purpose of the bar end to help with vibration.They weigh very similar to stock weight.

25.00 from MoosesBusa....cool.

RSD.

Wahooo....50.oo on the spikes to Col_Mustard.

30.oo on the kegs to 2quik.

Thank you gentlemen....

next....
biggrin.gif

RSD.

Lol, what are they stainless? aluminum? Those would be hella easy to make on a lathe...churn those mosuckahs out for 2 bucks for a set!!!
And then DONATE them to a board that you benefit from and let them make a little MONEY to pay for Bandwidth! BRILLIANT!!! Or were you going the other way?  
mad.gif

Oh, and it was already stated they are Stainless and weigh close to the same as the stock bar ends... Spend more time reading and less time being an ass ...Lol

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154324632 -->

Lol, what are they stainless? aluminum? Those would be hella easy to make on a lathe...churn those mosuckahs out for 2 bucks for a set!!!
[/QUOTE]
Kid,when you were born in 1985...I was turning parts on a lathe....
they took approx. a 1/2 hr. a piece to make and polish.
So if you (not me) sold them for 2 bucks a set,you would be working for 2 dollars an hr.
At this rate,McDonalds would prolly wanna scoop you up pretty qwick!
Anyway,I'm just being funny....
My whole intent is just to raise some bucks for the board,without having to dig into my pockets.
It's the least I can do for a great place.
beerchug.gif

If you wish (KanjiBusa) I will refund to you whatever you sent in to become a donating member and gladly provide the URL for LaBusa's...you might be more at home there.

I often wonder the motivation behind staining someones work and failing to recognise the time,money and effort spent by a board member to help his fellow members and to help keep this site going.

Think about this ...... Brendan offered up his time.He paid for the materials himself.He spent his free time making them.He used more of his free time to co-ordinate with me to make this happen. He will then use his own money to ship them out to the auction winners.....and you want to pisss on that good will.

The other thing to consider here is often the fact that members here will bid on things,or buy raffle tickets on things just to help out.Sometimes they give the item away after winning it,I've even had items given back for re-auction. I can recall a dozen times when my auction items sold for more than they are worth.Why? Because we take care of OUR site and our members. 2 beer glasses from Airforce One sold for like 500.oo bucks. Were they worth that,probably not. Sometimes the testosterone starts to fly and the boys have fun with bidding wars.

So instead of shooting yer mouth off...why dont you go out to your shop,flash up that lathe and crank me out a couple hundred pairs of bar ends and I'll gladly pass them along to members for, as you suggested, 2 mosuckahs a set.You'll have to use yer own time/materials/resources/and cash to ship them out.

When can I expect delivery?

When I read your comment I have to admit,instead of reaching for the keyboard,I reached for a quarter. I was going to flip it in the air...."heads"...banned for life. "Tails"...banned for life,less a day.

Its comments like this that sometimes get me wondering why I volunteer my valuable time helping to provide a decent site for shiddy comments like the one made here.Dont get me wrong...I can be an' azzhole too...make mistakes all the time too. We all have a chance to learn and grow. Hopefully this will be one of yer last shiddy comments directed at one of our most upstanding members.

RSD.

If you wish (KanjiBusa) I will refund to you whatever you sent in to become a donating member and gladly provide the URL for LaBusa's...you might be more at home there.

I often wonder the motivation behind staining someones work and failing to recognise the time,money and effort spent by a board member to help his fellow members and to help keep this site going.

Think about this ...... Brendan offered up his time.He paid for the materials himself.He spent his free time making them.He used more of his free time to co-ordinate with me to make this happen. He will then use his own money to ship them out to the auction winners.....and you want to pisss on that good will.

The other thing to consider here is often the fact that members here will bid on things,or buy raffle tickets on things just to help out.Sometimes they give the item away after winning it,I've even had items given back for re-auction. I can recall a dozen times when my auction items sold for more than they are worth.Why? Because we take care of OUR site and our members. 2 beer glasses from Airforce One sold for like 500.oo bucks. Were they worth that,probably not. Sometimes the testosterone starts to fly and the boys have fun with bidding wars.

So instead of shooting yer mouth off...why dont you go out to your shop,flash up that lathe and crank me out a couple hundred pairs of bar ends and I'll gladly pass them along to members for, as you suggested, 2 mosuckahs a set.You'll have to use yer own time/materials/resources/and cash to ship them out.

When can I expect delivery?

When I read your comment I have to admit,instead of reaching for the keyboard,I reached for a quarter. I was going to flip it in the air...."heads"...banned for life. "Tails"...banned for life,less a day.

Its comments like this that sometimes get me wondering why I volunteer my valuable time helping to provide a decent site for shiddy comments like the one made here.Dont get me wrong...I can be an' azzhole too...make mistakes all the time too. We all have a chance to learn and grow. Hopefully this will be one of yer last shiddy comments directed at one of our most upstanding members.

RSD.
+1,000,000,000 to the 100th power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back