BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, at the risk of pissing on everyone's movie parade, I have to say this!
If given the choice I would absolutely, hands down pick:

Star Trek, (the prequel) –
Way over Avatar (Fern-gully II)

Watched it tonight (again) and can not even tell you how much I enjoyed this movie!
I am not a true Trekkie but did watch the entire original series for years.
Just my opinion
What is your Fav?

Bubba

I thought both were fantastic movies in their own way.

Avatar had me wishing I was on Pandora, when I left the theater the real world just plain sucked. I can't wait to go back.

The downside to Avatar was the story line. It was very predictable. It was pretty much a mix of Braveheart and Dances with Wolves.

Star Trek had a fantastic story line and was just a well done movie. It had great special effects but unlike Avatar it would have still been good with out all the effects. It had a great story to fall back on.

I will see both sequels.

Avatar...no comparison. James Cameron took movie making to an entirely new level in my opinion.

You are right, great movie for effects, but content, history and character retro-active interaction - Star Trek = Flawless in my eyes.
Thanks,
Bubba

sorry...but cameron is only finishing the journey started by Lucas in 1978....cameron did not invent the technology, he only used to tell a very old story.....given some fancy new clothes (3D)

i thought both were fantastic movies in their own way.

Avatar had me wishing i was on pandora, when i left the theater the real world just plain sucked. I can't wait to go back.

The downside to avatar was the story line. It was very predictable. It was pretty much a mix of braveheart and dances with wolves.

Star trek had a fantastic story line and was just a well done movie. It had great special effects but unlike avatar it would have still been good with out all the effects. It had a great story to fall back on.

I will see both sequels.

+1 :beerchug:

Which Star Trek movie are we talking about ?

Avatar I liked for the display of what future tech may poss be but resistance is futile and you will be assimilated into THE BORG !!!!!

Still can't replicate a BLT sandwich or beam yourself to the beach in Avatar so my vote is with Spock !

Live long and prosper.

I still watch the reruns :laugh:

I liked Avatar better when it was called Dances with Wolves. Watch it and then tell me that Avatar had a single drop of ingenuity in the storyline.

Both are great movies.

Fun fact...Zoe Saldana (the Na'vi lead female) also played a big part in Star Trek.

I personally liked Avatar more, because like a poster said...the imagery pulled you in and you wanted to be apart of it.

Star Trek for me even though Avatar had awesome graphics.... Story line was better for me in Star Trek!:beerchug:

Bladerunner betters them all.

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back