Australia, (AU), the Boys down under

OB_jeffw

Registered
Got this e-mail today from Australia, guess I just don't agree with censorship. If an entire country is forced to suffer "no access", then I don't see a reason I should have access either.

Hi Jeff
Sorry to bug you but I was hoping you might be able to contact the owner of the hayabusa.org site and see if he could
see it in his heart to allow the Australian continent to have acess to his site again.
He got upset with Mr Packa and the only way he could stop him from posting on the site was to ban the whole Australian
continent.

I realy miss this site as it followed you guys from when the Busa was first released and has heaps of info archived on it. The
labusa site is good but they dont discuss much tech talk because their bikes where all sorted out when that site started up.
I got my Busa in November thanks to all the info you put on your web page which convinced me to buy it and have clocked up
15,000kms since then and still love it with passion.

You were right when you told me I would not regret getting one
Thanks Heaps Jeff
Have a nice Day....
Darryl Redding
dredding@cobweb.com.au

Ps: I understand if you cant help and I hate to annoy you but I dont know how to contact him to ask him. (I think it's Big Dog
but not sure because it's been months since I could acess that site). Everyone in Australia just get this message when they try
to acess the site:
You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using
the credentials you supplied.

Packa causes NO problems at all over at LAbusas and hasn't posted any out-of-line-material for months. He's riding his ZX12R now and is interesting in learning more about it. His posts are now mostly light-hearted fun and poetry.

Clearly he has learned that acting like a pariah gets in the way of communication, and is enjoying his new status as an appreciated contributor.

I'd recommend him for supervised parole.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 25 April 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 25 April 2000).]

I wonder if this ban has also prevented the Yellow Box owners from posting? The Busa registry shows several Aussies with Busas. Isn't there a solution of some sort?

Chase ought to remove his ban. It's hurting his site. If he won't, all Busa owners and fans from Down Under are welcome to come join in the raucous fun at www.LABusas.org. We censor nobody (even though we have to fight the urge sometimes)! :)

Still banned, a real Pisser is all I can say about this subject, have to come here via a round about way. Have emailed Chase or Big Dog several times but not even an answer. Packa gave us the shits too on our site in Oz but has left us alone now. So are we gonna ban OURSELVES coz of Packa? check our site if you want too http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/club.htm

Volvi

You know, I just don't have time for this sh*t anymore. Damn shame that people have to be so stupid and take such actions. Banning a member I can see, but not an entire country.

Back