Anyone Heard from Roman and Yellowbox

OB_NumbNuts

Registered
Cave Dweller
I am the same
Sent him an E mail end of last week, including the bit from his web site about 10 day turn around etc. etc.

Aking Roman to reply by return of mail

Still nothing

Am going to cancel tomorrow if I hear nothing

This is, quite frankly, not the way to go about business.

If all else fails, I used to work In Melbourne, Australia, and keep in contact with quite a few 'agricultural mechanic types' if you get my drift!!!

Speedo Out still Nuts ;)

I'd cancel too (8 unanswered emails) but I really need to fix the speedo and they already charged my credit card (June 16th). Roman seems to have come through in the past but this is a really poor way to treat customers.

BTW: I just got another speeding ticket (85 in a 65) and I couldn't argue my way out of it "but officer, my speedometer only said 90 and I have a 6% error so I could only have been going 84"

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 26 July 2000).]

he's already charged you card??

he told me he wouldn't charge the card untill he shipped, and would mail me before that....

I will check in a minute and if he has................

I can smell trouble brewing.........

Id love to get one of these pieces. But to be honest, a lot of people who order seem to get the runaround for a period of time. It seems that eventually you get what you pay for, but at the same time it appears risky. IMHO, a COD order is the only way to do business in a situation like this and COD isnt one of the payment options.

I went through this for awhile too.

I've got two solutions for you.

Roman's product is good, it's just hard to get. Because of my run-around with him, I have an extra one. I'd be happy to let it go for what I paid for it $90.

I'll take offers in order of response on this board.

Second, there is an alternative. A product called the AutoTrans ReCalibrator. I have it on my bike and it works well. A little bigger than the YB and not quite as adjustable. Aftermarket Technologies in NYC has them for $139.95, I got mine in two days.

You can get AfterMarket Technologies at 1-800-645-2245 or in NY, 516-333-2270 ask for part #RECAL-UN

Been over a month now and no response from Black Industries and Roman. Has anyone who placed a Yellowbox order back in June received theirs or heard from Roman ?

[This message has been edited by CaveDweller (edited 26 July 2000).]

CD, I also waited a long time to receive box. Very well made and worth the wait. I think you will receive it as promised. I know it's hard to be patient. You'll like it.

Just an update,

I got a response from Roman. He said he recently moved and had an email shutdown. said he would send out my Yellowbox right away. Upon receipt, I'll post another update to let you know.

Back