ATTENTION FALCON COP: Where did you get PAIR block-off plates?

OB_valklex

Registered
Please tell us where you got the block-off plates. It looks very easy to remove the system: 4 bolts for the unit plus 8 on the exhuast. I just need the block off plates.
Thanks!

My dealer had them when he put my new Yosh system in. But I'm pretty sure you can get them from intuative Race Produts. inturace.com

161 ®

Thanks FC! Do you know by any chance how your airbox was plugged where the source air hose was (right rear side of airbox) and vacuum hose manifold adapter? I want to eliminate the system like it was never there. Inturace website also advertise frame sliders for the busa but pictures were not available, what are they?
Thanks again man.
JC

Not sure with the wrench work done for the Block-off plates. I'm not too keen on that,,just Guns,Catching Drunks & broads. i'm sure someone on here can help with that.

Sliders are one of the best investments to save vital part of the bike,plus lower the damage on body work in case of a Spill.

Just look at the pic's of some of the other bikes..and you'll see how they'll work. pretty self explanitory.

on the Hayabusa they're a pain to put on,,you have to drill holes into your body work,,and if you fuk up,,there's no going back..you get one shot at it.

Good luck ride safe
161 ®

Yosh has the block off plates. To stop the pair valve raise the tank with acess to the air box. Bottom right lower corner of air box is a 5/8" rubber hose, remove hose and plug. Also seal hole in airbox, this is the supply air that is sucked into the exhaust.You do not need to remove the small line off # 4 intake to stop the fresh air intake into the exhaust.

[This message has been edited by jim p (edited 30 December 1999).]

I'm still breaking-in my bike (120 miles so far) so I cannot rev it past 5500 rpm. I have the RS3 slip-ons only and at 5.5K does not backfire at all. Somebody posted backfiring starting at 7K. Is that the case?
I wanted to remove the system because it just wastes space and it looks very easy to remove. On the 7K issue, it is exactly the opposite as my valk: it didn't backfire until it was down to 2.5K (I plugged the air supply hose on that one because removing the system is a tear down deal).

Jim are you saying if you remove the pair valve you can leave the #4 throttle body free to suck air. When this hose is plumbed into the pair valve it is a sealed line only offering vaccum to the pair valve for its operation. Remove the pair valve and it will be sucking free air. I disagree with your above statement that you can leave it open to the atmosphere, as you have created a big air leak in the intake system. ???

Hmmmmmmmmm, been on the bubblies KawAbuser?

All Jim's suggesting is that unless you wanna get rid of any trace of a PAIR system for cosmetic or whatever reasons, you can simply prevent the air being blown/injected into the exhaust headers by ONLY shutting-off the intake side at the airbox (like some others have also suggested in the past as a quick and easy fix if you're troubled by backfiring).
He's not saying to leave that line between #4 throttle body and PAIR box open, just to leave it there and let it normally operate the vacuum valve but in vain because no air is getting sucked in on the other side of the valve.

Sorry for the rookie question, but what are pair block-off plates?

BigDog

BigDog, look at the front of your motor above the oil filter. That contraption is the PAIR valve. It pumps air through 4 air lines to the cylinder head right next to where the exhaust headers exit. When you remove the PAIR valve & the air lines you have 4 holes in the head that need to be filled. That is what the PAIR blockoff plates do.

Back