Attempt at wheelie ...

Hmmmmmmmm?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

I wonder why guys that can't wheelie and don't have the testicals to even try, seem to be the ones that yell "Stupid Squid" at the ones who do have the testicals to at least give it a try as well as the guys who have put in the time and effort to master such a challenge?

Stupid is Stupid, no matter how you cut it but if you have an IQ over 60 you don't have to crash to learn the wheelie game.
I can wheelie all day long. I dont for the same reason that I dont go insanely fast anymore. My kids want their daddy to come home and preferrably in one peice. So, I got the balls but I also have some brains. Nice try though

rock.gif

rock.gif

I wheelied my busa home from the dealership.

They could have just rolled the throttle up to 5k real fast, backed off for a sec and back on. It will come up real early if you want it too. I wheelie my busa just in 2nd gear for fun.

Could you tell me how you lightened up your busa, please email me.
taprackngo@comcast.net

<!--EDIT|TapRackNGo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147582197 -->

it's testicles first off... and anyone that has to call into question someone's manhood if they don't wheelie doesn't have the testicular fortitude to warrant my attention...

That said... as long as stunters don't attempt to turn it in on their insurance as a random accident... and they do it in safe areas away from anyone liable get hurt other than themselves... go for it. Stunt yer asses off...

Hmmmmmmmm?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

I wonder why guys that can't wheelie and don't have the testicals to even try, seem to be the ones that yell "Stupid Squid" at the ones who do have the testicals to at least give it a try as well as the guys who have put in the time and effort to master such a challenge?

Stupid is Stupid, no matter how you cut it but if you have an IQ over 60 you don't have to crash to learn the wheelie game.
I can wheelie all day long. I dont for the same reason that I dont go insanely fast anymore. My kids want their daddy to come home and preferrably in one peice. So, I got the balls but I also have some brains. Nice try though
Same feeling here....

Did I hear him say yoinks before he blew it...
tounge.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

hey we all do stupid things i have caught my self at 80 or 90 in a 35mph it happens. i try to keep my speeding on the hwy to a minium.

Hmmmmmmmm?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

I can wheelie all day long.  I dont for the same reason that I dont go insanely fast anymore.  My kids want their daddy to come home and preferrably in one peice.  So, I got the balls but I also have some brains.  Nice try though
I'd venture to guess there is not more than three guys on this site that can wheelie their busa for a mile? And I'd bet hard cash you are not among them? If you don't practice regularly, you can't wheelie. Anyone can twist the throttle and pick the front tire up on launch but can't keep it up more than a few hundred feet, even if they can shift on the go.

I wasn't questioning anyone's manhood. I was simply pointing out the guys who call people names who do enjoy the fun and excitement of riding on the rear tire Can't do it themselves. If you can balance your busa on the rear tire and keep it there until your arms are pumped, then you are among the very few who can and I'm guessing you aren't among the name callers?

If one of the name callers crashed his bike and banged himself up with broken bones and the stunters wrote in calling him a stupid squid and giving him the "Baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha" You,d be on him like ugly on an ape thinking he was sick in the bean.

As far as your insurance goes, the wheelie guys who crash has very little if any effect on your rates. On average, there are ten of us that die on motorcycles here in this country each and every day and I'd guess probably less than one in a hundred was due to stunting? I read posts on this site quite often of guys dropping their beloved busa or crashing on a corner etc. That's the ones that keep your rates high.

One of the salesmen at our suzuki dealer told me some time back that 48% of all busa's sold would crash during their lifetime. That is what makes your insurance rates high.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Wheelies are fun . To much fun , thats why i'm extending the rear arm.
biggrin.gif

ok my turn-i ride with sum serious stunters sum days, sum crazy speeders other days, and average cruisers @ other times. I can get the busa's front wheel up, but no I don't carry it 2-300 feet, cuz its never in a safe place-usually coming off a light and just playn around. My boys that stunt-pull it up on freeway onramps and carry it up till the next exit, all day. when you enjoy something, or want to try something, it sux to get bashed for tryn to perfect your passion-i don't know this fools reasons for the vid, but i'm betn he's new to the game (watch the dope pull on the bars...a-duh!) and his boys were there to cheer him on and hopefully record his first good wheelie-which obviously didn't happen.
Speeders and stunters typically dont HAVE insurance Sam-most of us don't even have a valid D.L. (hand raised here) so we can't get insurance-we have to scrape together every last dollar we have and then buy a bkie outright. yep I paid cash money (over 8k) for my dream, took me 6years-I think i'm entitled now to do whatever i want with it without someone callin me astoopid squid just cuz I don't follow speedlimits or keep both wheels firmly planted at all times-and I have two youg'uns too, so the daddy factor does keep me alert and generally erring on the side of caution if traffic is an issue, but I wont go thru life denying myself what I love to do, and neither do stunters.

None of this has anything to do with balls either-so whoever put that post up-chillax bro this isn't about who is the biggest daredevil, just sum dude wanting to do sumthin he saw sumbody else do-can any guy in here say he never flicked out the back end on a rear-drive car, just bcuz it looked cool in a movie they saw? (take your pick-it all startd with Bullit, but there's hundreds out there) we may not take risks on a daily basis in our opinion, but $hit, drivin home from work with one hand on the wheel on the freeway is risky-u never know what the other duma$$ next to u is guna do.

lets quit pickin on stunters please-I know many and know what they go thru to get better at what they do...takes a lot of hurting, healing, and money (which means a lot of WORK) to get good. leave the squid label for the dopes with $20k ducatis, harleys, and all the other choppers, who get lit at the bar and try to drive home after failing to impress any women with their expensive metal phallus' and spill twenty feet from the parking lot.:p

I dont practice wheelies on the Busa and never will. I could if I was made of money and had no kids. Have no problem with stunters, go and watch the shows they put on. But, if I wheelie then its in the dirt where it doesn't hurt and its cheap to fix a dirt bike or atv.

Scott, didnt say anything about insurance you gotta admit that squids stunting on the streets gives us unwanted attention. Dont think so, read the LEO forum I posted couple days ago.

Can't say I ever will wheelie intentionally. Did it a couple of times by accident (from a traffic light, and I guess a prolong power one on the freeway without even knowing it until my nephew told me afterwards). But as I see someone do it on that nice bike, I think 'what did that poor bike ever do to you?!"

I guess it's their money. Funny thing is, I don't even consider stand up slow speed wheelies to look "cool", if that's what they're trying to accomplish. Just looks too much like, "look at me!!! I need attention!!!!" extragavent. Just look like some sideshow clowns. Power wheelie with the rider tucked in and front no more than 2 feet off the ground at highspeed.. that's cool in my book. Just my opinion, no offence for you out there striving to be the next greatest stunter.

Your first wheelie is going to be far from perfect and in most cases damaging.

I like my bike way to much to try a wheelie which I have never atempted on any bike I have owned in the 25 years I have been riding.

It just doesn't make any sense to save up for and pay so much for any bike let alone a Busa and atempt a high risk stunt at something you've never done before.

In most cases a good amount of damage to both bike and body.

I heard from friends all to often a young guy in late teens early 20's gets a new bike and trashes it within a week either atempting to do a wheelie or rolling burnout.

It's a shame to see something so nice go to pieces from not thinking things through.

Doesn't make a good impression for all bikes in general!

If I never do a wheelie my whole life (and I probably won't)...I'll be just fine. Just let me bring my baby home in one piece and undamaged.
Ditto. I'm too old to be trying to stunt. Too many bills and too many kids (of course the wife and mother think I've lost my mind but that can be used to my advantage) .

I did see the first wheelie I'd ever seen last week on a Busa ... just down the street from where I bought my bike. When he put it back down it swerved and I thought for just a second he was going to lose it ... but he didn't.

The only wheelie I may want to try is what I call a power wheelie where I accelerate so quick the front wheel just comes off the ground a slight bit. I've seen this in races like when they come out of a turn and throw the coals to it. Looks like fun.

There's no shame in a wheelie, but practice only makes perfect. And I don't mean a couple months I mean years. I ride with a guy who has been ridin since he was 3 years old. He is now 23 and can wheelie ANYTHING. Trust me, I've seen this guy wheelie some bizarre things. But never the less, this kid had no place tryin a stand up wheelie from a rolling start, on a stock 600cc no less, a recipe for disaster.

Yes, I wheelie my busa quite frequently but only if conditions are good, warm day, no traffic, open rode (not next to parked cars, etc. But there is a certain amount speed required for a wheelie and a good distance to get yourself stopped too.

Balls or no balls, this kid just had no common sense and was tryin way too hard to impress "the guys"

Ride Safe.

Back