Attacked by airborn classsifieds ad.

Busacure

Registered
I was riddin around town just chillin going down the road. Road was empty except for a mustang convertible a couple car links ahead of me. The road begins a slow curve to the left and I'm keepin a safe distance from the car in front of me. Out of now where this rogue piece of newspaper flies up from under the car and engulfs my helmet. It felt like time stopped and I began to (use the force luke) trying to stay on the road and shed this article that had the upper hand on me. No amount of preparation could have prepare me for that. Some how I managed to shed the newspaper and found myself still in the same lane finishing the curve. Looking back I think of rock paper scissors. I can't imagine that happening to a random biker and not lmao.

Good save. I tell all my friends on rides "No matter what happens, stay true to the corner. Finish what you started."

:beerchug:

lucky lucky... I saw (from my car) about a 3x3 sheet of cardboard hit this dude on a harley right in the face on the highway the other day, it was layin on the road and the wash from a big truck blew it up, thank god he had a helmet on and shook it off. I know it scared the hell outta me and could not imagine how he felt.

That would have freaked me out.

Good on ya for keepin your lane.

Rob

Just one more thing to look out for. 1 in 10000 chance of happening. Will probable never forget. Have to laugh thinking about it though. It would have been hilarious to see I'm sure. First person view wasn't that funny though. :laugh:

Actually had that happen to me years ago on I-5 in Cali. Was running fairly quick on a Ninja 600, felt like it took me 30 minutes to remember to turn my head. When I finally figured out what to and my sphincter released the seat, the newspaper blew right off. Took me a while to get my heart rate back under control though!

Back