Athlete of the Year - ??

Woods was selected Wednesday as the Athlete of the Decade by members of The Associated Press in a vote that was more about 10 years of performance than nearly three weeks of salacious headlines.

"More than half of the ballots were returned after the Nov. 27 car accident outside his Florida home that set off sensational tales of infidelity." :thumbsup:

"He won 64 times around the world, including 12 majors, and hoisted a trophy on every continent golf is played. He lost only one time with the lead going into the final round. His 56 PGA Tour victories in one incomparable decade were more than anyone except four of golf's greatest players won in their careers."
"Few other athletes have changed their sport quite like Woods. His influence has been so powerful that TV ratings spiked whenever he played, even more when he has been in contention. Prize money has quadrupled since he joined the PGA Tour because of his broad appeal."
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well, actually, I guess it's Athlete of the Decade.

It is all good. Just the irony of it all is interesting.

A wise man said it to me on yesterday talking in regards to Tiger's trouble, that society cannot (or at least should not) sell the "perfect" family man & pristine home life as part of the image of a star athlete.

The award is justified in the fact that regardless of his trangressions towards his family, no one can take away his accomplishments within the sport of Golf.

What good is it being the world's greatist golfer and maybe richest athelete in history, if you can't get a little somethum on the side? Really the only people I really feel pained over in this whole debacle is his kids. Previously I judged tiger as a really "together" guy, now I'll like him because he's just the best damned golfer ever.

If he comes out on Oprah and says "I a sex addict" or something like that to save his image - I'll write him off and he will forever be a "Douche" in my book.

He better just "man up" and say nothing, except it's a matter for me and my family and when I get my head on straight I'm going out and finishing the 2nd half of my career. I don't care about his relations with his wife or anything else. Let's see another 8 major wins and another 50 or so career wins... Tiger do your talking on the course...:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

i have seen him play every year at murfeild and he is a great golfer but a jerk while playing, throwing clubs, cussing all the time, golf is a game that brings out a real mans character, somebody told me once if he was going to interview someone for a job he would play 18 holes of golf with them to see if he wanted him or not, so the crap that is coming out now about tiger does not surprise me.

All I gots to say is:

TrackDays%202.jpg

What good is it being the world's greatist golfer and maybe richest athelete in history, if you can't get a little somethum on the side? Really the only people I really feel pained over in this whole debacle is his kids. Previously I judged tiger as a really "together" guy, now I'll like him because he's just the best damned golfer ever.

If he comes out on Oprah and says "I a sex addict" or something like that to save his image - I'll write him off and he will forever be a "Douche" in my book.

He better just "man up" and say nothing, except it's a matter for me and my family and when I get my head on straight I'm going out and finishing the 2nd half of my career. I don't care about his relations with his wife or anything else. Let's see another 8 major wins and another 50 or so career wins... Tiger do your talking on the course...:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

why should he "man up" and say something?? its none of your business or anyone else's. its between he and his wife.

i have seen him play every year at murfeild and he is a great golfer but a jerk while playing, throwing clubs, cussing all the time, golf is a game that brings out a real mans character, somebody told me once if he was going to interview someone for a job he would play 18 holes of golf with them to see if he wanted him or not, so the crap that is coming out now about tiger does not surprise me.

If the guy was "twenty something" and beat you by forty strokes and was the the best in history at something and was upset because he wasn't doing his "job" to to the best of his ability - would you be a little pissed at yourself if you shanked a ball when $1.5 million and your profession reputation was on the line? - do you think that guy might see past an overt self admonishment and recognize a person with incredible drive in the pursuit of perfection, and that he may be beneficial to an organization and hire him???

This guys "hire test" may work for the average guy with nothing on the line but I don't think it's a good litmus test in this case. :thumbsup:

Tiger kicks ass at his job and what ever works - works. Athlete of the Decade... You bet!

why should he "man up" and say something?? its none of your business or anyone else's. its between he and his wife.

Just guessing here but I'm pretty sure the press is going to ask some questions about this and "No comment or this is a matter between my family and me" would probably better than no response (kinda rude even for the press) or some long teary blearly explanation bla bla bla...

I don't think he should say anything to the press beyond the fact that it's not their business... I think were basically on the same page here. I think.

Oh yeah, and the "man up" thing is because you know every money grubbing leach is telling him to do this or do that go on Oprah, make a statement, go with Barbara Walters cry and apologize to the people etc.. He needs to just say no to all of them and keep it between him and his family no matter what pressure is being put on him.

Last edited:
hahah 20,000... dont believe it.

thats like 1 girl, every day for 55 years.... and he died at the age of 63.
all lies.

Just guessing here but I'm pretty sure the press is going to ask some questions about this and "No comment or this is a matter between my family and me" would probably better than no response (kinda rude even for the press) or some long teary blearly explanation bla bla bla...

I don't think he should say anything to the press beyond the fact that it's not their business... I think were basically on the same page here. I think.

Oh yeah, and the "man up" thing is because you know every money grubbing leach is telling him to do this or do that go on Oprah, make a statement, go with Barbara Walters cry and apologize to the people etc.. He needs to just say no to all of them and keep it between him and his family no matter what pressure is being put on him.

yea, i WISH he would come out and say its none if their business and they should F off.
i would LOVE the guy if he did that.

Back