ATC Swingarm Extensions Brakeline Question

crankinaway

Registered
Recently installed swingarm extensions, asked some question in regards to the rear brake. Today I go to complete the brake job and the brakeline is way long! I understand this is 4 - 9 extension, but for those of you running the minimum 4 what have you done with you brake line? Mine is probably 6" too long.

6" is quite a bit, Coming off the Master cylinder you can send it forward, loop it back towards the rear, this will take up quite a bit of it.

At 4" I've seen the stock line utilized before, turn it around and dress it the right way. I would use the new line since you have it, just postion the fitting on the master "forward" and the dress the line the longest way possible.

yup for a 4 over the stock line works just fine when it's rerouted.
At 4" I've seen the stock line utilized before, turn it around and dress it the right way. I would use the new line since you have it, just postion the fitting on the master "forward" and the dress the line the longest way possible.

I can't get the stock line to work it is definetily too short. I tried running the line over the arm and is still too short. Will I see any downside to using the longer line and looping it back?

There will not be a down side of looping a longer line provided that it is routed and blead in a correct manner...you don't want it way to long...do you have access to a custom car or bike shop?...you could take your line and say I want it 3" or 23" longer than this and they should be able to make it up for you...braided or rubber whatever material they have and you want. A dealer on this site should accommodate your extensions and brake line needs too.

Last edited:
Back