Arizona to Michigan

SpeedFiend

Registered
Took me a while to post this, but I had to wait for the rain to quit so I could get the last couple of pics. In all, I put 3500 miles on the bike in just under two weeks. First day of the trip was Kingman to Tucson where I stayed for three days. Not a bad ride. Only about 5 hours. Then, i did Tucson to Georgetown, Tx in one day (over 900 miles). Next, G-town to Birmingham, and then up to Ann Arbor on the last day. Didn't take as many pics as I would have liked since I was trying to make good time as I'm a cheap college student who didn't want to pay for another night in a motel.

My touring mods were Buell pegs, Helibars, Firstgear bags, Joe Rocket tank bag, and a gel seat. Ran a power cord up to the bag for my phone/gps/mp3.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
In Az getting ready to go.

Random gas station just west of El Paso.

Stopped here to readjust my gear after a Border Patrol check point.

Snapped these along Texas Highway 7.

Right after the trip with 3500 miles of bugs.

Cleaned up again and cruising in Michigan with proof the bike came a long way.

Somehow, I made the entire trip without getting one drop of rain on me. I beat a storm into Michigan by a couple of hours, and it started raining for a week straight. Fun ride, but my ass was pretty sore on the last day partly because of thew crappy roads through Kentucky.

Nice long ride:thumbsup:

It looks like every things original on your 08, do you have any mods at all on that bike?

BTW i like those saddle bags:thumbsup:

Nice long ride:thumbsup:

It looks like every things original on your 08, do you have any mods at all on that bike?

BTW i like those saddle bags:thumbsup:

Not really. I have a billet stator cover with logo because it was cheaper than the stock replacement after I laid her down once. Also, a PMC lanyard kill switch since I do drag race it. I'm thinking about some slip-on cans to make it a bit louder and more noticeable in traffic.

Glad you made it OK. Sounds like you had a blast. Any reason you went the long way?

I had never been through La, Mi, Al before. I'm contemplating a very long trip back via Montana.

Sounds good to me. Take a nice journey through are country. Are you thinking about going though the UP and over?

Yes, indeed. I haven't hit Wi, Mn, Sd, Nd, Mt, Wy, Id, Ut, so I'd like to scratch some of those off the list.

awesome! another Road Warrior :thumbs:
thanks for the pics. i live for the long ride.
let me know when you come through Wyoming, :beerchug: Yellowstone and Jackson are fun to ride. try and hit the best motorcycle road in the USA Beartooth&Chief Joesph Highway. :thumbsup:

trip2.jpg

Contemplating this as my return trip. It's actually 30 miles shorter.

trip2.jpg

Contemplating this as my return trip. It's actually 30 miles shorter.

Unless you have some specific reason for that route, there's far more interesting riding a bit further South...

Hit the Black Hills West of Rapid City, SD, drop down through Wyoming into Colorado, and take any number of great routes over the Rockies (14 is a great ride). You can hit northern Utah, and 191 to 89 into AZ, or come South through Western CO and through Four Corners into AZ...

Just about any route you could pick would beat the crap out of interstate!

Back