are you living or dieing?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
the moment you stop living, you start dieing. are you still growing or slowly decaying? when you've forgotten your dreams, and are running circles in a comfortable zone, are you happy?

I hope I am living up until the day I physically expire

I think you're already dead and are part of the Matrix. You just don't know it yet.

Funny you bring this up now WWJD...I was just thinking the other day of the old adage that the second you're born, the dying process is set in motion...

Me? I'm living...barely...
laugh.gif

I suppose it's all subjective...what those consider truly "living" vs. where they deem that "dying" has set in...there are a million correct answers here...pick one!
smile.gif

Scientifically, dying is an entire process in and of itself...but, one might argue that our bodies give out long before that final process begins...

Why do you always make me think WWJD?!
wink.gif
I don't hang around here to think!
laugh.gif

I'm kidding...no, I'm not...yeah, I am...
rock.gif

It's winter in Wisconsin...I'm dieing right now
sad.gif

When Spring hits...I'll be living again
cool.gif

"Many people die without having truly lived."

"I'd rather die living than live dying."

"Many who have died never truly lived."

"Fear of death will not prevent dying but it may prevent living."

I don't know who wrote those but they have a certain appeal to me. Especially that last one.

I'm married to a woman who truly understands the message. To make a long story short, she nearly died at age 15. When the doctors fixed her up, they gave her another year to live. That was 20 years ago. Believe me, when you have a year to live, every day is precious and worth living. I may have written more detail elsewhere on the board.

My wife has been a huge object lesson to me and many others about what it truly means to enjoy life. She celebrates every birthday and always will. Life is meant to be treasured and enjoyed, every step of the way. Every day is precious.

This morning, I heard the radio version of, "It's a Wonderful Life." I think the message there is that we should, occasionally, take the time to reflect on the worth of our own lives. What things should be treasured? There are big things and little things. All of which deserve our focused enjoyment.

Last year, we planted a few poinsettias in our flower boxes. Now, the leaves are starting to redden and they are looking truly excellent. If you ever get a chance, plant some in a shady corner of your yard and wait a year. You'll be blown away.

Holidays, we see our families and friends and truly enjoy them. We hope. If not, we all have our Busa's!!
biggrin.gif

I hope I can arrive at my physical end without regrets. No wouldas, couldas or shouldas. I think back at the big things and the little things. They all matter. They all weigh into the scale.

One of my brothers called me a couple of years ago and said, "You remember that time when . . . ?" The conversation continued wherein he expressed gratitude to me for something I'd done for him 20 years previously. Something I'd completely forgotten. But he treasures the memory and that's what matters.

One of the most important things in life is how you make other people feel about themselves. Granted, there is room for arguing that how people feel is their responsibility not yours. However, real life tells us that people DO derive some of their personal esteem from others. If you give it good, you've accomplished a wonderful thing. I still need to watch that movie, "Pay it Forward," but I understand it's a good object lesson in that very topic.

I've rambled enough. Life is a philosophy but it should be kept simple and positive.

--Wag--

"Many people die without having truly lived."

"I'd rather die living than live dying."

"Many who have died never truly lived."

"Fear of death will not prevent dying but it may prevent living."

I don't know who wrote those but they have a certain appeal to me.  Especially that last one.

I'm married to a woman who truly understands the message.  To make a long story short, she nearly died at age 15.  When the doctors fixed her up, they gave her another year to live.  That was 20 years ago.  Believe me, when you have a year to live, every day is precious and worth living.  I may have written more detail elsewhere on the board.

My wife has been a huge object lesson to me and many others about what it truly means to enjoy life.  She celebrates every birthday and always will.  Life is meant to be treasured and enjoyed, every step of the way.  Every day is precious.

This morning, I heard the radio version of, "It's a Wonderful Life."  I think the message there is that we should, occasionally, take the time to reflect on the worth of our own lives.  What things should be treasured?  There are big things and little things.  All of which deserve our focused enjoyment.  

Last year, we planted a few poinsettias in our flower boxes.  Now, the leaves are starting to redden and they are looking truly excellent.  If you ever get a chance, plant some in a shady corner of your yard and wait a year.  You'll be blown away.

Holidays, we see our families and friends and truly enjoy them.  We hope.  If not, we all have our Busa's!!  
biggrin.gif

I hope I can arrive at my physical end without regrets.  No wouldas, couldas or shouldas.  I think back at the big things and the little things.  They all matter.  They all weigh into the scale.  

One of my brothers called me a couple of years ago and said, "You remember that time when . . . ?"  The conversation continued wherein he expressed gratitude to me for something I'd done for him 20 years previously.  Something I'd completely forgotten.  But he treasures the memory and that's what matters.

One of the most important things in life is how you make other people feel about themselves.  Granted, there is room for arguing that how people feel is their responsibility not yours.  However, real life tells us that people DO derive some of their personal esteem from others.  If you give it good, you've accomplished a wonderful thing.  I still need to watch that movie, "Pay it Forward," but I understand it's a good object lesson in that very topic.

I've rambled enough.  Life is a philosophy but it should be kept simple and positive.

--Wag--
Very nice way to put it Wag, I couldn't agree with you more. You have to enjoy every minute that you are alive. I tell my wife that I love her everytime I leave her side not matter if I am just going to the store and bcak. When your time comes it just does and I don't want to have any regrets that I didn't do something that I wanted. If you can't be good at least be good at it and enjoy life why you can.

the moment you stop living, you start dieing.  are you still growing or slowly decaying?  when you've forgotten your dreams, and are running circles in a comfortable zone, are you happy?

I hope I am living up until the day I physically expire
Living is all about dying and I am always trying to progress in my spirituality... THe second we stop growing for death, we might as well die...

This world is temporary and everything in it will be gone for us... No one is going to care what you accomplished in this life as NO ONE can rember what John Smith, PHD did 1000 years ago...

All voices are forgotten and all accomplishments in life are forgotten in death...

Cloud

Wag - I Agree.

I kinda believe God has a set time for us all, and when it's our time, it's our time, nothing can be done about it. I live my life a quarter mile at a time........... oops, sorry, someone elses life philosophy.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I try to live my life as best I can, after I had my appendectomy, I had something in the back of my mind go off that made me constantly depressed,
sad.gif
. however, I've come to realize not to take everything to seriously, and live every moment like it's your last, cause like Wag said, it could come at anytime. I could go on for ours, but I'll leave you with this, after my whole depression thing, I thought of killing myself, had the knife to my chest, then I thought of everyone who loves me, and how they would be affected, At that point, I decided to let god take me at his will, as opposed to me at my own selfishness.

Now, if this snow would melt so my bike and I could go live on some mountain roads for a bit..........
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Very deep topic..
You have a wonderful way with words, WAG~ I, on the other hand, always find it hard to put into words what runs through this warped mind of mine~ I suppose I'll be the first to say, there are some days that I do tend to feel on the other end of the living scale~ I'm only looking at 42, but when I really think about the hell I've put my body though.. or more to the point, when my body reminds me of the afore mentioned hell... I do begin to wonder just how much more it can take.. I can take~  
sad.gif

My Busa is my life line, so to speak~ When I get up on 'er and hit the back roads I'm in a whole 'nuther world.. and I'm alive~ ~ I'm seeing everything around me, all the colors, smelling all the scents, I'm listening to the sweet sound of the engine, and paying close attention to everything around me~ All my senses are at their peek performance level~  Yeah.. that's when I truly feel alive~
smile.gif

Back