Aprilia recalls all RSV4's

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
" the recall impacts all RSV4 motorcycles delivered within the U.S. market to date."

"Replacement engines for all units affected are already in transit to the U.S. market and owners are in the process of being contacted. "

Yow! That's gotta be embarrassing. A big factor in my decision to buy my 07 ‘Busa was its proven reliability, and durability. At 6’5â€￾,the Busa and ZX-14 were the only two that fit well, and the Busa won because of its record.
Yeah, that and it looked a whole lot better!

Any more info as to what specifically caused the recall to have to replace the engine? That's HUGE!

I believe its to do with the rods thay were outsourced not being machined to spec. They broke the test mule in ssb and talked about it a little. Their making it right and will probably own that comp that dropped the ball. Or at sue the crap out of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

From ssb the big end hole is slightly offset to the left. Making it weaker and causing it to snap.
Posted via Mobile Device

BMW had engine problems and delays when they came out with the 1200S a few years ago...these things do happen sometimes.

That's a shame, I'd be upset if I was a current owner. Aprilia is a great company though, they'll make it right and get it fixed.

Motorcycle Magazines 2009 Sportbike of the Year!

Would love to have one! She sure is sexy!

2010ApriliaRSVR1.jpg

This recall is not a major deal, Aprilia's new RSV4 is a amazing machine.

If you want to talk about embarrassment, during their first media track-day for the RSV4, they had 25 RSV4's available for various media VIP's to test-ride around a track....something like 15 out of the 25 broke throughout the day for engine failure. The root cause was determined to be con rod that was bored incorrectly.

The issue has been resolved now and I would never turn-down a RSV4 or BMW S1000rr. Both are amazing bikes and both have set the bar for the 1-liter superbike class. Traction Control and ABS will be the norm for super bikes in about 2 years.

Back