Apparel

bronc3

Registered
Are these acceptable at the track?Just getting started,done some research,but most of it is specific to the bike itself.

Are these acceptable at the track?Just getting started,done some research,but most of it is specific to the bike itself.
Wouldn't recommend the pheonix for high speeds.  Mainly for puting around town with more protection than a T-shirt.  I would go no lower than perforated leather for the track.  God Bless!
Thanks for the info.Didn't really consider them for extreme protection,but I wear a set on the street(Florida climate).I was wondering about the legality at track events.STT allows them for novice and intermediate,but anything beyond that requires the real deal.I am just starting out so I may get by for a session or two.Any additional input would be much appreciated.Like I said,I am just getting started.

I dunno man, 1/4 mile on a busa should equal an easy 130 or so, especially with us being at sea level. I would check out NewEnough.com and see if they have some full leathers on closeout just for using on the track... They might even have some used.

Rev

Thanks Rev,I check them from time to time for other stuff,I'll have to check for leathers.

Thanks Rev,I check them from time to time for other stuff,I'll have to check for leathers.
Oh and I am still wearing my full perf leather. They may not flow quite as much air as the Phoenix line but the mental comfort it provides makes up the difference... Icon also has a new Ti-Pant out that looks like it might provide a good solution for street use...

Finally, when it get really hot, Buy yourself a few "UNDER ARMOR" Brand "Heat Gear" T-shirts... they are high tech stretchy spandex things but lemme tell ya, they really do make a difference in keeping you cool under the perforated leather.... Good stuff...

Back