Anyone own a shop?

first vr4

Registered
I've been toying with the idea of opening a motorcycle apparel store, dedicated mainly to sport bike apparel. I'd probably start out carrying jackets (Joe Rocket, Alpinestars ect.. helmets, gloves and such. Since this is upstate NY, I'd switch over to snowmobile apparel (there's alot of sledders out here) in the winter months.
Does anyone here do something similar?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Shawn
Lok100@aol.com

lurk.gif
< - - - totally interested in hearing responses to this. I think this would be a boatload of a good time.

(Jester0769 @ Aug. 01 2007,09:02) I own a shop, what are you lookin to find out?
I'm looking to start out with selling mainly sport bike apparel. Helmets, gloves, jackets, boots ect.. Motorcycle riding being a seasonal activity here in New York, during the winter months I would switch to snowmobile apparel. Snowmobiling is very big in this area during the winter.
Can you pass any contacts on to me. I have "Sullivans" contact information (Joe Rocket, HJC). I'd like to carry Alpinstars, ICON, Shoei and other good names.
I'm not expecting this to be a goldmine but would like the shop to pull in a halfway decent profit.
Thanks for your time,
Shawn
LOK100@aol.com

i want to start selling custom bike part on ebay but cant find any1 who will let me distribute for them
rant.gif

to carry Icon and suomy, you have to be a parts unlimited dealer. To pick up a dealer ship with them, there will be a "buy-in". I think there smallest buy in is like 5 grand. For arai, kbc, shark and nolan. Tucker rocky is the place. they too have a 5 grand buy in also. For Shoei and HJC, helmet house is the place to go to. they are the cheif importers for shoei and you will get the best prices from them. They have a min order for the first order but I dont remember what it was.

For some of the other brands out there you just have to go to them direct. To get it all started you have to have a store front, they will need pics of the store, copy of the biz paperwork and other things. Once you get in with Parts and Tucker it makes it alot easier to get in with the other companys just because if you can meet there needs, they feel you can meet theres.

when ever you are ready to try to get this goin just give me a call and I can get you intouch with the people you need to talk too.

I have some of the greatest reps you could ever want to talk to.

I carry just about every major line of helmets, leather, boots, gloves, pants, and just about everything else you might need. I will be more than willing to help anyway I can.

Josh

www.RydersConnection.com

Josh,
Thanks for all the helpfull information! Is the "buy in" a first purchase of 5 grand or do I have to "give" them 5 grand to become a member? No problem if it's a first purchase minimum requirement.
Do you only do apparel or do you have a motorcycle repair/sales shop?

Thanks again!
Shawn

I am a full service shop, about the only thing I dont do is Dyno runs, can afford the dyno just of yet, give me a year.

5 grand is there bottom buy in level. It just allows you to order from them but you dont get much of a discount from anyone. It will be a first order and has to be ordered all at once and paid for up front. There will be alot of paper work and requirements you have to meet. Once you get it lined out, it will be all good.

If there is anything else I can do to hlep, just let me know.

Josh

Josh... you get a Dyno after i leave... i will be upset!
wow.gif

Thanks Josh!
I'll take you up on the offer to call you! I'm looking for a store front today.

Thanks for all your time and help
beerchug.gif

Shawn

no problem man. I like to help out people that are trying to better there self. Just hit me up with any other questions you might have.

Josh

(Jester0769 @ Aug. 02 2007,21:45) I am a full service shop, about the only thing I dont do is Dyno runs, can afford the dyno just of yet, give me a year.
What kinds of things do you do to get customers to come into your shop? Do you hold special sales, activities, etc. to promote your shop?

Back