Anyone using Yosh cams?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone running Yoshimura stage 1 cams on their Busa with a stock head?

How's the performance with this mod? Or is this more of a thing to do with a modified head?

Those are the cams i was running on 1397 with stock head.gained about 8 hp over stock cams.also gained 7 ft lbs of torque.they have very good low end power and decent top end power.when i had them in all stock engine you really notice them between 3500-7000 rpms.the best setting that i found for them was @105-105 on the intake and exhaust.

by "drop in" you still have to buy adjustable sprockets ...another 150.00 and pay someone to degree them (unless you can do the indexing yourself).

on a "stock motor" ...the Yosh's at least use the Suzuki dimensions for the grinds on the base circles.
9 out of 10 times they require no shimming and are preset on timing.

you should still check them by hand rotating the motor to ensure no collision causing overlap.

I have a set sitting on my shelf (still) for almost a year now...brand new...never out of the baggies.... the wife just asked me the other day if I was gonna sell them or what...
argue.gif

BTW if you went with the WEBs...get the billet ....it not much more money for the "perceived" quality over welded up units.

and don't forget a manual cam chain tensioner .... another 50.00.

Back