Anyone using Yoshimura ST-1 cams in Gen 2

AF Chief

Registered
I'm looking for a "drop-in" cam that will not require installing heavier springs but still provide some performance gains. I believe the Yosh ST-1 may be my best choice. I'll have the cam degree when installed. I also plan to have the intake ports cleaned up and bump the compression with a thinner head gasket. Any first hand feedback on these mods will be appreciated.

first hand knowledge - why would you go through the trouble of tearing the motor out, replacing cams and leaving the weak POS stock springs?
Springs are cheap.

With a set of decent sized cams some 60-65lb springs will work well.

I'm looking for a "drop-in" cam that will not require installing heavier springs but still provide some performance gains. I believe the Yosh ST-1 may be my best choice. I'll have the cam degree when installed. I also plan to have the intake ports cleaned up and bump the compression with a thinner head gasket. Any first hand feedback on these mods will be appreciated.

Drop in does not meant as install and you are done you still need to degree them

first hand knowledge - why would you go through the trouble of tearing the motor out, replacing cams and leaving the weak POS stock springs? Springs are cheap. With a set of decent sized cams some 60-65lb springs will work well.
I agree. Why not get your money's worth while you are in there.

I'll have the cam degree when installed. I also plan to have the intake ports cleaned up and bump the compression with a thinner head gasket. Any first hand feedback on these mods will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If your going to spend the money and clean up the head, you need to look into your investment more!

Listen 2 what these guys are saying... Why go thru the trouble of dropping the motor etc. only 2 do a half azz job?? Why not just save up some more $$$ wait and do it right the 1st time and be done with it :whistle:

i'm looking for a "drop-in" cam that will not require installing heavier springs but still provide some performance gains. I believe the yosh st-1 may be my best choice. I'll have the cam degree when installed. I also plan to have the intake ports cleaned up and bump the compression with a thinner head gasket. Any first hand feedback on these mods will be appreciated.
i have this set up without springs and the bike works fine.stock motor with -pcv-filter-ti force 4-2 made 178 hp and with this set up make 200hp (same dyno)

Why even chance it?
I mean if you dont have the funds to do springs save and then do them at the same time. Just plain silly not to change out the springs.
But your bike...enjoy

i have this set up without springs and the bike works fine.stock motor with -pcv-filter-ti force 4-2 made 178 hp and with this set up make 200hp (same dyno)

Why even chance it?
I mean if you dont have the funds to do springs save and then do them at the same time. Just plain silly not to change out the springs.
But your bike...enjoy[/QUOTE
the springs it is not nesecary for st-1 cams.you can use them with the stock springs without any risk

Back