ANYONE USING ONE OF THESE?

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I was looking at getting one of these. Seems like it might help along with regular sliders. Anyone have one? Comments?

slider__Medium_.jpg

lurk.gif
A little added protection never hurt, but no I don't have sliders of any sort.

Take a look at the Woodcraft Billet cover before you make up your mind.

(ike @ Mar. 02 2007,20:15) Who has them and how much?
on E-bay (where else?) $39.00 + $10 shipping. I already have frame sliders--just looking for a little more protection

always try e-bay.

Pm the board sponsors too

Goldenchild
Jester0769
StreetNTrack

Looks like it my just snap off during a no to low speed mishap, leaving headless bolts to be removed. I'd get the woodcraft.

just my two cents

cheers
ken

I think 06Busa has one on his bike. It is probably the Woodcraft one that he has though.

It all depends on your preference. I got a set like that already chromed. Beautiful piece and the worksmanship is awesome. I had just purchased it after buying a new stator just before the Group Buy with Jester. Now that I have it, I'm not disappointed at all. But to be totally honest, if I had to do it again, I would have gone with the Woodcrafts because of the options offered.

Here's the one on my 04. I got this one off eBay. Its definitely not the quality of $150 piece of billet. But - it's not bad. Paid $49 for it shipped. Saw Gluclus - his is a satin finish - mine has a cheaper chrome finish. If the bolts are good steel (I don't if they are) it'll hold up to a spill. It's easy-on though. I like the design.

stator_protector.JPG

There is a post here about somebody lowsiding and that plate snapping off. I would also look at the woodcraft cover...
I have never liked how much that plate stuck out from the fairing, but that is just me.

Buy 2 woodcrafts and send me one..
biggrin.gif
Heck if your buying i'll even take one of the ebay ones..
tounge.gif

Back