Anyone using a blanket?

greg3852

Registered
Curious if anyone has wrapped their exhaust or used a turbo blanket on their bike and if so how did it work?

I already wrapped all my cold side stuff with DEI gold tape. Now I was thinking of using a blanket.

I wonder too.....I wrapped some of my header....where it was close to coolant hose....main reason to protect hose
I do have a blanket,but haven't put on yet

u get it back yet?
I’m not in the country. Won’t be back until Saturday. Told Frank to take his time. I honestly wouldn’t have had time to ride it this year so when I brought it I really didn’t care. It’s on the dyno again this week. Hopefully no more problems and we can get it done. He’s had to straighten out quite a few things with it.

Curious if anyone has wrapped their exhaust or used a turbo blanket on their bike and if so how did it work?

I already wrapped all my cold side stuff with DEI gold tape. Now I was thinking of using a blanket.
I exhaust wrapped my bike when it was N/A with expensive wrap didn't change a thing for temp on legs or engine. I would see a turbo blanket not lasting long on a bike due to it getting hit by rocks etc and is a gimmick unless it's on a car to protect against melting something close by.

I’m not in the country. Won’t be back until Saturday. Told Frank to take his time. I honestly wouldn’t have had time to ride it this year so when I brought it I really didn’t care. It’s on the dyno again this week. Hopefully no more problems and we can get it done. He’s had to straighten out quite a few things with it.
coatings inside and out would help......Neither is done on mine
I made such a HUGE jump in turbo size, and I rarely sit in traffic Loring there is lots of cooling airflow

I did find the second fan mod with the lower temp switch helped in traffic more
fan would switch on I would get a blast of super hot air then it would rapidly cool

coatings inside and out would help......Neither is done on mine
I made such a HUGE jump in turbo size, and I rarely sit in traffic Loring there is lots of cooling airflow

I did find the second fan mod with the lower temp switch helped in traffic more
fan would switch on I would get a blast of super hot air then it would rapidly cool
i have an air pump to inflate swinagrm/ams2k/2nd fan/and quite a few electronics.. i monitored stuff and with a lightweight battery(200-300CCA/7 amp hours) i was actually running the battery down while sitting in NYC traffic for any sort of time. Ended up with a 12 amp hour/720CCA battery/hotshot stator/ upgraded regulator/ dynatek coils.... never had an issue pulling down a battery since. But im 1000 percent positive that an electronics heavy bike NEEDS plenty of AMP HOURS(more than the stock 9)....... and an upgraded stator/reg. never hurts either. The bike starts acting funny when it was starving for voltage sitting in traffic for a long time.... so we made some changes,,,, I finally trust it enough to take a long trip with it though.......... and have. Its been a long road to perfecftion.

Last edited:
I bought a Ballistic Blanket once and it didn't come with instructions, I really don't see how it's suppose to work ?

daiper.jpg

I have a turbo blanket on mine and it did help the engine run cooler and the oil pressure is better due to the engine running cooler. It definitely works and they are not that expensive. I have rode my bike as far as 550 miles one way so I have did a lot of little things to make it as streetable as possible.

Back