Anyone used this video camera?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Just saw this at Sharper Image for $129.99!

Too good to be true, or is 640x480 at 30 FPS good quality video footage? If so, great price for onboard video!!

Quote-

ATC2K Waterproof ActionCamera
(AT18)

Due to the high demand for the ATC2K, all orders may take up to 2 to 3 business days to ship.

Play hard, record everything - even underwater with ATC2K, the ultimate waterproof self-contained action cam! Weighing in at half a pound (with batteries), this hands-free action cam delivers full color digital video in 640 X 480 VGA at 30 frames per second.

ATC2K works seamlessly with most video editing software. Expandable up to 2GB, ATC2K mounts easily and all mounting hardware is included. Wipeouts in a white out or an unexpected barrel roll? No worries, ATC2K is waterproof up to 10 feet!

Although the manual and packaging states the product is only water-resistant, subsequent tests have since certified the product as waterproof. Please do not be alarmed by this discrepancy when receiving your product.

Vid_cam.jpg

OK, so I'm post-whoring. I reviewed the product manual, and I didn't see any way to adjust the focus, so potentially, you would get 640X480 @ 30FPS of blurry images.

I'm not sure it how it would handle fast-moving video...Anyone want to buy one and try it out for the board?
biggrin.gif

(Juggler @ Mar. 25 2007,19:20) OK, so I'm post-whoring.  I reviewed the product manual, and I didn't see any way to adjust the focus, so potentially, you would get 640X480 @ 30FPS of blurry images.

I'm not sure it how it would handle fast-moving video...Anyone want to buy one and try it out for the board?  
biggrin.gif
I've never experienced blurry images from a fixed focus lense on any camera or video camera.

I have an Aiptek (which does a million more things than that bullet cam for much less $$) with the same res and FPS specs and it takes great video at any speed. Also does an incredible job in the dark.

(Turbo-Torch @ Mar. 25 2007,21:55)
(Juggler @ Mar. 25 2007,19:20) OK, so I'm post-whoring. I reviewed the product manual, and I didn't see any way to adjust the focus, so potentially, you would get 640X480 @ 30FPS of blurry images.

biggrin.gif
I've never experienced blurry images from a fixed focus lense on any camera or video camera.

I have an Aiptek (which does a million more things than that bullet cam for much less $$) with the same res and FPS specs and it takes great video at any speed. Also does an incredible job in the dark.
Which Aiptek do you have? Any video posted that's viewable? How much?

Sample video

This video was taken before I got my tank mount.  It was bungied to the triple tree very close to the speedometer.  Numbers are visible as well as everything in the distance.  Stock windshield is on bike.
I bought it at Best Buy for $99 bucks.  It can record TV shows from any video source to play back later on it's built in swivel LCD screen, takes true 5 mega pixel photos (8 mega pixel enhanced) and does a good job at playing MP3s.  It accepts up to a 2 gig SD card.  Comes standard with a lithium ion battery and pod charger that gives about 1 hour of record time.  Also has video stabilization mode and a ton of other features.

For the price I'm very happy with it and it works well with my tank mount. I have a video that I took during the late evening through the shield which blew me away when I played it back. I'll try to put up a clip later.

Looks big in the pic, but it really fits in the palm of your hand.

camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg

hummmm...that aiptek...sounds very tempting( replay wasn't play smoothly, was that my com? or what?) how long ago did you buy it? (is it still available?)
rock.gif

(hydrabusa @ Mar. 27 2007,01:07) hummmm...that aiptek...sounds very tempting( replay wasn't play smoothly, was that my com? or what?) how long ago did you buy it? (is it still available?)
rock.gif
If it stopped playing your connection was buffering + my server isn't the fastest. It's a big file (over 30 meg) as I haven't scaled it down or converted to AVI. Hit play again after it loads and it should play through normally.

I bought it back in late November from Best Buy.

Update:

Bought camera, returned it the next day.

Better than nothing if you want the strapped to helmet for extreme sports type recorder, but otherwise it's a pass.

Dark exposure, no way to aim it real time, have to line it up, shoot video, watch video, realign. No image stabilization, key to good video on the bike.

Back