Anyone notice Christina Aguilera getting mixed up during the National Anthem ?

I somehow remember hearing that the Anthem is one of if not the hardest songs to sing because it requires one to hit all eight(?) octaves? Is that right ? Not a musician but I think that's what I recall ?
Especially the last part requires the singer to hit one of the hardest notes known , one which most cannot even perform.
Anyway , the way she and or others sings it doesn't really bother me unless it's at a special event. Sporting events are fun and light hearted so let them sing it a bit their way, not crazy but in their own style is ok.

Forgetting or getting mixed up on the lyrics and being paid most likely a large amount to do so is not acceptable.

I somehow remember hearing that the Anthem is one of if not the hardest songs to sing because it requires one to hit all eight(?) octaves? Is that right ? Not a musician but I think that's what I recall ?
Especially the last part requires the singer to hit one of the hardest notes known , one which most cannot even perform.
Anyway , the way she and or others sings it doesn't really bother me unless it's at a special event. Sporting events are fun and light hearted so let them sing it a bit their way, not crazy but in their own style is ok.

Forgetting or getting mixed up on the lyrics and being paid most likely a large amount to do so is not acceptable.

Yes it is one of the hardest songs to sing. I agree about not getting the words right, ahe should have practiced more, but s*** happens.

At this captured moment, she has no idea why she's at a football game:laugh:
100_1284.jpg

100_1284.jpg

obviously she is a terrorist.....

nobody would make a mistake and choke while performing live in front of 80,000 people....or while they were being watched by 111,000,000 people in this country alone.

I am sure thre was no pressure at all, and any one of you could have done it if they had asked.

I think some of you are just bitter, angry people looking to complain and be outraged at anything.

nobody would make a mistake and choke while performing live in front of 80,000 people....or while they were being watched by 111,000,000 people in this country alone.

I am sure thre was no pressure at all, and any one of you could have done it if they had asked.

I think some of you are just bitter, angry people looking to complain and be outraged at anything.

Sorry man..... obviously a failed attempt to add a little humor to this thread. As my best friend would say "it was funny in my head"
To be quite honest, it sounded pretty cool live and I didn't notice the mess up.

And you have a very odd thought pattern... If yodling is what you do when you are nervous, maybe you shouldn't VOLUNTEER to do the national anthem at the superbowl. Just sayin

With a name like Aguilera I think she's an illegal immigrant who was trained in Pakistan by a guy named Al Kader. Afterward she slipped across the Rio Grande into America with a sack full of bootleg training CDs then uttered a secret coded line during the Natl Anthem which was a carefully planned release of info intended to let all her accomplices know that plan 'A' was going down!
:laugh:

This secret pic of two of her leaders was taken by an undercover agent whom we will only refer to by his codename Isheet Madrawerz
obama-bin-laden.jpg

Sorry man..... obviously a failed attempt to add a little humor to this thread. As my best friend would say "it was funny in my head"
To be quite honest, it sounded pretty cool live and I didn't notice the mess up.

I can say the same.....

I heard the practice version and she rocked it. I was not offended by her performance, then again I am not so easily offended or outraged as some on this site.

Afterhours I never said she was unpatriotic or that she should be jailed I simply am trying to get across that the song is meant to be sung a certain way. Why is it that 80,000 people can sing it the same way in the stadium but the person leading the song has to put her spin on it... its that way with many celebs... I can show you just as many celebs that have sung it correctly. Of course you try to spin this as though everyone that disagrees with you has no tolerence for anything that you disagree with... I find it somewhat funny that you seem to tolerate everything which means you really stand for nothing. Right? if you take a stand then you are not being tolerant to whoever you disagree with. You try to make others look like stuffy uneducated immigrants that just got off the boat. I only ask that whomever sings the song simply sing it as it has been learned over the years by every single one of us.

Schexy1 yeah I can still read a little sheet music... and I am still waiting for you to send me the jazzed version of the Airforce playing the national anthem.... Having a different person singing the song sure you are going to have some different sounds because peoples voices are different HOWEVER you cant add extra notes when you want, you can't add extra length to the song and you can't change the words to say what you want...

I think like alot of other things people have just forgotten some reasons why things are done the way they are done. Not saying that you are not free to to what you want when you want to within legal limits. However, there are traditions, military has them, companies have them, towns have them, this country has them. It is an honor to sing the song as it is an honor to hear it. It is meant to instill pride and rememberance for those that have lost loved ones and those that gave there lives. When I hear the song it still to this day brings a tear to my eye remembering all my friends and family that I have lost in the service and all the friends I have made along the way grateful for what I do.
It is a song of pride and you should be thankful that you were asked to sing it.

It is not a song that should be a defining moment in your career(but funny how we will popularize someone for failing at it). It should not be sung to promote your new movie that is out(ie a publicity stunt). It should not be changed because you feel it should sound different, that is not what anyone wants to hear. It should not be something that you should ask for a large sum of money for to do.

There is no such thing as "The" perfect version. There have been multiple people that have sung it perfectly however. The most perfect version that I heard was an 8 year old girl who sang it infront of a gym with about 6,000 people in it and when she was done it literaly took the crowd a minute to realize what had happened. This little girl hit every note with grace and perfection. She didnt fumble, she didnt change the sound or the words, she just sang it. I later caught up to her mom and told her how proud I was of her daughter. She told me that it is her sons favorite songs and that he is in the Marines. That little girl learned how to sing that song so just for that game because her brother was coming home and the game was his first day home.

That is what it means to sing the song, to care, to show respect. If you are the type of person that sings things differently and had the slightest idea that you wouldnt do a great job at it you should respect the song enough to pass singing it. Again I do not fault her I fault the people who hired her.

Afterhours I never said she was unpatriotic or that she should be jailed I simply am trying to get across that the song is meant to be sung a certain way. Why is it that 80,000 people can sing it the same way in the stadium but the person leading the song has to put her spin on it... its that way with many celebs... I can show you just as many celebs that have sung it correctly. Of course you try to spin this as though everyone that disagrees with you has no tolerence for anything that you disagree with... I find it somewhat funny that you seem to tolerate everything which means you really stand for nothing. Right? if you take a stand then you are not being tolerant to whoever you disagree with. You try to make others look like stuffy uneducated immigrants that just got off the boat. I only ask that whomever sings the song simply sing it as it has been learned over the years by every single one of us.

Schexy1 yeah I can still read a little sheet music... and I am still waiting for you to send me the jazzed version of the Airforce playing the national anthem.... Having a different person singing the song sure you are going to have some different sounds because peoples voices are different HOWEVER you cant add extra notes when you want, you can't add extra length to the song and you can't change the words to say what you want...

as you say I am tolerant of lots of things....

it always amazes me that the people that claim to be the proudest Americans, the most patriotic....those that drape themselves in the Constitution and our civil rights are usually the least tolerant of the very freedoms they preach about.

there is no "right way" to sing the National Anthem. Sorry, but there is not. There is a version that you like, and that is fine. However, some people like to hear talented people belt that song out.

this country is built on the idea that there is not "one way" to do things. That is why for over 2 centuries we have become the leaders and innovators and the dominant country of the world.

the idea that there is only one way do anything, is anti-american......it the type of thing you see in communist countries.

PS: if there was suppose to be a "right way" to sing the anthem.....would there not be a law, and ammendment? something written somewhere in the Constitution to tell us, "there is only one way to sing the anthem, and this is it".

I think like alot of other things people have just forgotten some reasons why things are done the way they are done. Not saying that you are not free to to what you want when you want to within legal limits. However, there are traditions, military has them, companies have them, towns have them, this country has them. It is an honor to sing the song as it is an honor to hear it. It is meant to instill pride and rememberance for those that have lost loved ones and those that gave there lives. When I hear the song it still to this day brings a tear to my eye remembering all my friends and family that I have lost in the service and all the friends I have made along the way grateful for what I do.
It is a song of pride and you should be thankful that you were asked to sing it.

It is not a song that should be a defining moment in your career(but funny how we will popularize someone for failing at it). It should not be sung to promote your new movie that is out(ie a publicity stunt). It should not be changed because you feel it should sound different, that is not what anyone wants to hear. It should not be something that you should ask for a large sum of money for to do.

There is no such thing as "The" perfect version. There have been multiple people that have sung it perfectly however. The most perfect version that I heard was an 8 year old girl who sang it infront of a gym with about 6,000 people in it and when she was done it literaly took the crowd a minute to realize what had happened. This little girl hit every note with grace and perfection. She didnt fumble, she didnt change the sound or the words, she just sang it. I later caught up to her mom and told her how proud I was of her daughter. She told me that it is her sons favorite songs and that he is in the Marines. That little girl learned how to sing that song so just for that game because her brother was coming home and the game was his first day home.

That is what it means to sing the song, to care, to show respect. If you are the type of person that sings things differently and had the slightest idea that you wouldnt do a great job at it you should respect the song enough to pass singing it. Again I do not fault her I fault the people who hired her.

Chemmy, perfectly stated. I have tons more respect for this little girl than I'll ever have for Christina Aguilera.

Afterhours, are you from California? It's hard to think you'd come from any other state that has such a warped view. If not, maybe you should move there I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who would agree with you. I for one, cannot, and I can see this isn't going to change. Good day, Sir.

Last edited:

If there is a video of a military band jazzing it up, someone else will have to find it because I won't look for it. I don't think that would prove anything other than you saying they are doing it wrong.

I think you are missing my point. I am not claiming that everyone has their own completly different version with different notes or words, I am saying that that are noticiable difference, mainly in style. Those difference are:
how long the song last
how long the certian notes a held
how long pauses are held
tempo
rhythm
crescendo/diminuendo

These things usually go unnoticed but they are there.

Here is something you can do, go out and find videos or recordings from bands and orchestras playing the Star Spangled Banner or any other song and see how long it takes them to complete the song. What you will find is that very few of the times will be the same. Then, tell me which one got it right.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love

in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts

we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada,

we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land

glorious and free!

O Canada,

O Canada,

Now thats a great song. :stirpot:

RSD.

waving%20flag.gif

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love

in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts

we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada,

God keep our land

glorious and free!

O Canada,

O Canada,

Now that song sucks :stirpot:

RSD.

Fixed that for ya' :beerchug:
:moon:

Chemmy, perfectly stated. I have tons more respect for this little girl than I'll ever have for Christina Aguilera.

Afterhours, are you from California? It's hard to think you'd come from any other state that has such a warped view. If not, maybe you should move there I'm sure you'd find a lot of people who would agree with you. I for one, cannot, and I can see this isn't going to change. Good day, Sir.

If having an open mind seems warped to you....yes I am warped.

If understanding that each of us, is different and that is what makes this country great...is warped. then yes, I am warped.

If knowing that America is the land of many ideals, many ways of doing things. Understanding that the entrepanuerial spirit is what built this country into a world power is entirely an American ideal is warped.....

Then yes, I am warped.

what you do seem to understand is that when people sing the National Anthem, they bust thier ass to do thier best. it is that passion and emotion that makes a great performance. Music is art, not math. there is not one right way, to argue that there is only one way shows a lack of knowledge of music. But, it also shows a lack of understanding about this country.

One Way to do things, is an ideal that is found in Communist countries

Back