Anyone notice Christina Aguilera getting mixed up during the National Anthem ?

Hey Blanca....

Yeah, my son and I were sitting there and we both just looked at each other and shook our heads....just plain pitiful in my opinion...

I looked at my son and said, what happened to "O the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming...."

I'm not perfect by any means but if I were going to sing it at such a huge event I would have made sure I remembered all the words...practice, practice, practice:laugh:

With my son wanting to 'play games on my phone' and the one or two I'd already had it slipped right by me.
I was standing as was Adam , we were hand over heart but still didn't catch it.

I did, and I was ticked off.

Sing the Anthem the way it is written, word for word, note for not. Do not embellish or try to personalize it.

Not only did she flub the lyrics she flubbed the delivery. That was one of the worst interpretations I've ever heard. Don't even get me started on the halftime show. That was a nightmare.

Not only did she flub the lyrics she flubbed the delivery. That was one of the worst interpretations I've ever heard. Don't even get me started on the halftime show. That was a nightmare.

I was seriously hoping for another wardrobe malfunction :beerchug:

I am a pretty forgiving guy when it comes to live performances BUT when you try to add your own flair to the Star Spangled banner as most celebreties try to do you just open yourself up for problems.

Personally I feel that the song should be sung the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. let the lyrics and melody speak for itself. I don't need any celeb putting their own spin on the song trying to make it the way they want it. The song is more than just the singers, that song was for every person in the stadium, in the US and those abroad.

The song should be sung not performed, (I heard that last night) and I agree. Stop trying to change the tune, put your own flair on it and just sing the awesome song as it was intended...

Rant over...

cap

I was seriously hoping for another wardrobe malfunction :beerchug:

^This!^

Also, I agree, you should be fined and/or punished somehow for murdering the National Anthem. That was as bad as a disgrace as Rosie..

She is a professional singer, there is NO excuse.

Halftime was HORRIBLE! What a HUGE waste of money. They should lose all that crap, and make it semi-affordable for the average American to go to the Superbowl instead of wasting it on crap performances..
:please:

^This!^

Also, I agree, you should be fined and/or punished somehow for murdering the National Anthem. That was as bad as a disgrace as Rosie..

She is a professional singer, there is NO excuse.

Halftime was HORRIBLE! What a HUGE waste of money. They should lose all that crap, and make it semi-affordable for the average American to go to the Superbowl instead of wasting it on crap performances..
:please:
Fergie is high maintenance :whistle:

I am a pretty forgiving guy when it comes to live performances BUT when you try to add your own flair to the Star Spangled banner as most celebreties try to do you just open yourself up for problems.

Personally I feel that the song should be sung the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. let the lyrics and melody speak for itself. I don't need any celeb putting their own spin on the song trying to make it the way they want it. The song is more than just the singers, that song was for every person in the stadium, in the US and those abroad.

The song should be sung not performed, (I heard that last night) and I agree. Stop trying to change the tune, put your own flair on it and just sing the awesome song as it was intended...

Rant over...

cap

Personally, I think that girl from Glee NAILED America the Beautiful. Seemed like she took it as an HONOR instead of a Payday.
My $.02

Personally, I think that girl from Glee NAILED America the Beautiful. Seemed like she took it as an HONOR instead of a Payday.
My $.02

I agree, she did a good job...

FYI I believe there is a 2000 fine that can be imposed for gross violations of singing the Star Spangled Banner incorrectly... I think it was imposed after the Rosanne Barr debacle where she thought it would be funny to butcher the song...

She's a professional and should have sang as such. I can't stand it when they butcher up the National Anthem.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way, didn't notice the omission, but I was cringing while she decided to hit every f'n musical note on each word... ugh..

I actually didn't mind the half time show this year, but I would agree to do away with the half time shows. I don't understand how they pick the "artists" to perform, the NFL a male dominant sport, and they get Usher.... :wtf:

thankfully i arrived at the party after the anthem- would have been ticked off (i think- from what i've heard). but the halftime show was cool for one reason- slash! (i am a metal child!):thumbsup:

Am I the only one that noticed the BEP's throwing in Obama into their lyrics.....really???

Everytime I see the man, I turn the channel, now I hear about him in a song, crazy

Back