Anyone need an extra key for their Busa?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I had an 07' Busa and sold it last year. The guy that bought it forgot to take the key and he's expressed no intrest in it.

It's a brand new cut key with the black plastic tag attatched. The tag is used for getting another key cut at the dealer. They can use either your Vin# or this tag to do so.

The key is free, i'll cover whatever small amount of shipping there will be and i figure if someone can use it, so be it. I'm gonna trash it otherwise.

The black tag reads: A6729

To anyone that has a match this transaction will be confidential and no word of who got the key will be spoken of or posted.

Call me at 540-223-3785 Paul

Stupid question but... Are they all not different?
no...normally 3-4 variations per year at best.
What??? So there is a one in four chance that some thief with a busa key for my year can snag my bike?
rock.gif
OMG I'm locking it to a parking french fry wherever I park it. Better yet, I'm not parking it anywhere anymore. You know what, I won't even ride it anymore.

Stupid question but... Are they all not different?
no...normally 3-4 variations per year at best.
What???  So there is a one in four chance that some thief with a busa key for my year can snag my bike?
rock.gif
 OMG  I'm locking it to a parking french fry wherever I park it.   Better yet, I'm not parking it anywhere anymore.  You know what, I won't even ride it anymore.
exact numbers are based on models and number made/sold...but variations are well under ten or pretty much any suzuki model. Why do you think the kawi concours "key fob" was such big hype?

It was the extra key that came with the bike when i bought it new.  The guy who bought my bike lives in Atlanta and i live in Virginia. He simply forgot the key and that was a year ago.  Last time i talked with the guy he was repairing it for the 2nd or 3rd time.

There's nothing shady about this if that's what your getting at.

No No...not sayin that. was just wondering if it was a remake you had done. Thats why i wanted to know.

keys for pretty much ANY kind of car (until recently, with laser cut keys, etc) there werent more than 12-16 or so variations in keys amongst all the cars made that year. if you look at the design of a key, there just isnt that much variation available to do more than that.

sorry about hi-jacking the thread and you can call me brainwashed or paranoid but i believe this just points out one more reason to have a RoadLok...just one more step to having as much piece of mind as possible

ok, carry on
beerchug.gif

IMG_0228__Large_.JPG

sorry about hi-jacking the thread and you can call me brainwashed or paranoid but i believe this just points out one more reason to have a RoadLok...just one more step to having as much piece of mind as possible

ok, carry on
beerchug.gif
The problem with something like that, is they have a couple guys, they can still load the thing in a truck and take off. It's heavy, but 2 or 3 guys could get it in a truck without too much trouble.

ok, carry on
beerchug.gif
The problem with something like that, is they have a couple guys, they can still load the thing in a truck and take off.  It's heavy, but 2 or 3 guys could get it in a truck without too much trouble.
that is correct, buuutttt, they won't just crank it up and drive off with it...plus, my alarm would be screaming the entire time also...nothing is foolproof but i am going to make it as difficult as possible and try to give myself time to reach them and put a bullet through their brains!!!

ok, carry on
beerchug.gif
I can get past roadlock with basic hand tools. I honestly don't see the advantage.

ok, carry on
beerchug.gif
The problem with something like that, is they have a couple guys, they can still load the thing in a truck and take off.  It's heavy, but 2 or 3 guys could get it in a truck without too much trouble.
newer jap bikes are pretyt easy to steal.

insure them and be done with it.

And with a little bit of homework and knowing where you park your bike, I can steal it will little to no damage. And no I don't need a key that fits your ignition.

Back