Anyone know about this?

USMCBUSA

Freedom Isn't Free
Donating Member
Registered
I need to find out what kind of spacer is on the inside of my tail section. If it is something that I can replace does someone know where I can get one? If not I am looking for a nose cowl and tail section.

bike_night_008.jpg

This is what you're lookin for, usmc...

you can get 'em at www.mrcycles.com

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141874420 -->

TAIL_SECTION.JPG

In case you are wondering why I need these parts. Smokin_guns is working on a design for a paint job for me. He has offered to paint my bike for FREE. If I am going to be stuck with these parts I need to replace the tailsection if I can't get a new spacer. The nose cowl will need to be replaced anyways because it is broke. I also have to get a lock for the tail sectioin because I never recieved mine back. Thanks in advance if you can give me any guidence. If you want to know more just shoot me a pm and I will fill you in.

I am nowhere near an expert.  But I recently took my tail section off and I don't remember seeing any spacers.  See if you can find a site that shows parts and where they go.  Like the dealership uses when you go in and ask for a part and they have no idea what your talking about so you have to show it to them.

Okay. the diagram above is what Im talking about

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141874490 -->

In case you are wondering why I need these parts. Smokin_guns is working on a design for a paint job for me. He has offered to paint my bike for FREE. If I am going to be stuck with these parts I need to replace the tailsection if I can't get a new spacer. The nose cowl will need to be replaced anyways because it is broke. I also have to get a lock for the tail sectioin because I never recieved mine back. Thanks in advance if you can give me any guidence. If you want to know more just shoot me a pm and I will fill you in.
you won't need to replace the whole thing, bud. All ya need is a spacer, right?

Heck, I have one of those. Shoot me your address and I'll get one out to you. It'll take about week coming from my location. Express Mail.

I didn't think so either Black Bird Killer but, when I tried to put mime on I tightened the screw all the way in and it was still lose. Something has to be missing.

A lock. I have everything else for it. All I need besides that is a upper cowl and I will be able to replace the broken peices and have a real painter paint them.

A lock. I have everything else for it. All I need besides that is a upper cowl and I will be able to replace the broken peices and have a real painter paint them.
crap. Sorry I can't help you on the lock. Spacers are yours, though. They will go out this weekend Express Mail to you.
wink.gif

Looks like it will, but I'm curious as to why it's so cheap.

Ask him who made it or if it's a repaired part. Doesn't look to bad, but I'd double-check just to make sure.

Mebbe one of the board members in NY can get eyes on it.

I've had good luck using rubber tubing to replace some of the spacers on various bikes. You might try finding a piece of tubing that will fit over the bolt, cut it a little bit longer than the thickness of the shoulder on the bodywork, then when you tighten up the bolt, the tubing gets compressed between the bodywork and the bolt holding it securely. I hope that makes sense. I do this a lot on bikes where I've replaced shouldered stainless bolts with chromed ones that don't come with shoulders.
Steve

Thanks Hossheim, Pacificbusa is going to send me the spacers that I need. Good advice though.

<!--EDIT|usmcbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141908580 -->

Back