Hey Capt how about doing something like this ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I know we have a review section for products but how about a review section for members ? Something maybe that folks can go to in order to see what one member has to say about another. I see threads almost daily regarding how an experience went, saying thank you and how well the item was described and how nice the seller or giver was. If I'm looking at something in the classifieds it would be nice to be able to check the 'member review' section to see if anyone has commented on the person I'm thinking about dealing with. Even if no sale is involved maybe folks can go there and just give a compliment or character reference on someone who went above and beyond the normal to assist them. Sorta like 'feedback' for people instead of items.

Just a thought.

Uggggh smells like a bash section.... Sorry saiid i know what u thinking but human nature you know.....:deadhorse:

Oh please Captain do this! I've been wanting to rate Blanca for all the warm pics of FL he's been posting and rubbing it in all the snowed in guys' faces...
I give him an F. For FAIL... :poke:

I know we have a review section for products but how about a review section for members ? Something maybe that folks can go to in order to see what one member has to say about another. I see threads almost daily regarding how an experience went, saying thank you and how well the item was described and how nice the seller or giver was. If I'm looking at something in the classifieds it would be nice to be able to check the 'member review' section to see if anyone has commented on the person I'm thinking about dealing with. Even if no sale is involved maybe folks can go there and just give a compliment or character reference on someone who went above and beyond the normal to assist them. Sorta like 'feedback' for people instead of items.

Just a thought.

We used to have a member section like that and it turned into a highschool drama... Nothing was kept objectionable, members were ostracized just because someone else didn't like a thread or something someone posted... We took it offline...

Well that sucks. Oh well was just an :idea:
I see lots of people helping others they don't even know.
This place is unique in that regard and it would be nice for the receiver to be able to comment.

This place is unique in that regard and it would be nice for the receiver to be able to comment.

I've seen other people just post new threads complimenting the people that have helped them out with things, maybe we'll have to just do that?

It just seems that everyone here is helpful and nice, and there are only a small few to stay away from. I think its pretty easy to figure out just who those people are.. :beerchug:

I think it would be safe to look at how long someone had been here and how many post they have (invlovement) to help make those types of determinations...

I think it would be safe to look at how long someone had been here and how many post they have (invlovement) to help make those types of determinations...

Yes that's definitely true but the opposite could be true as well.
If the member has only been here a few months and has 59 posts it would be cool to have somewhere to leave feedback on them.
I understand your response and reasons. Thank you for answering my thought.

Better steer clear of racerV, he's one of 'em troublemakers :laugh:

frequent a couple of other forums that have a "thanks" button that will display on your profile. not a bad idea but I can also see it being abused.

Oh blah ive been here forever and new people have more posts than me... watch out yall im more trouble than RacerV. :rofl:

i do like the idea to a certain extent.....it seems we have something like it now? if i scroll across a post i can click like? its plain and simple. no room for stupid i dont think anyway...i have been wrong before:)

Use the new "like" button Saiid.....

You must be back from that country that you are not supposed to go to....

It could possible end up turning into Cache's "Smack Shack" forum.

It whent ugly.

RSD.

Remember the like button is not to show you like a person but you like the post. Its a way to start ranking content not people.

Use the new "like" button Saiid.....

You must be back from that country that you are not supposed to go to....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back