Anyone Here Familiar With Imports

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
I might be starting a new business. At this point with fuel prices on the rise, I'm looking towards alternatives, and came accross k trucks. They are mini trucks used much through Japan. There is a guy about an hour away that is selling these quick enough to peak my interest. I'm looking to eliminate the middle man but not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. My work right now is slowing down to a halt. This is forcing me to look into other things. Here's a pic of what they look like. Maybe somebody here has ties with Japan, and is familiar with the shipping. Thanks.

mini2.jpg

Aren't you going to run into problems with titling an import? You're in Punxsutawney, I'm in PA too, so I know how insane our DOT is. If any state in the union is going to give you trouble about titling a RHD car it's probably PA.

I know people who have had trouble when they tried to import Skylines from Japan because they're supposedly not crash tested to US spec, I doubt your Kei truck is much different. Sure, people have done it, but not through official channels and not 100% legal. I know the Kei truck is a popular off road vehicle, but they're usually imported and sold as ATVs, not to be used on public roads.

Buying a fleet of K trucks for your business might save you some fuel costs, but imagine what a nightmare it's going to be to get parts for routine maintenance. And the first time one of your drivers gets stopped for some stupid little thing and doesn't have proper registration and insurance papers it's going to come back on your head.

Aren't you going to run into problems with titling an import? You're in Punxsutawney, I'm in PA too, so I know how insane our DOT is. If any state in the union is going to give you trouble about titling a RHD car it's probably PA.

I know people who have had trouble when they tried to import Skylines from Japan because they're supposedly not crash tested to US spec, I doubt your Kei truck is much different. Sure, people have done it, but not through official channels and not 100% legal. I know the Kei truck is a popular off road vehicle, but they're usually imported and sold as ATVs, not to be used on public roads.

Buying a fleet of K trucks for your business might save you some fuel costs, but imagine what a nightmare it's going to be to get parts for routine maintenance. And the first time one of your drivers gets stopped for some stupid little thing and doesn't have proper registration and insurance papers it's going to come back on your head.
I'm looking to sell them to people not use them in my business, And yes they are street legal around here.

I dont know bro. The steering wheel on the right side might detour some people
cool.gif
Yeah but they are selling big around here. top speed of 70mph, 50 mpg, 4x4, dump bed 1400 pound payload. I seen guys around here hualing round bails of hay in the bed. alot of people in this area are starting to buy these. Look at how much a john deere gator cost. these even have heat, and ac.

Back