Anyone familiar with Bazzaz ZFI?

yougod

Registered
The previous owner of my bike wasn't too familiar with the Bazzaz system (if he was at all). All he knew is that it was installed by the original owner. It just added to the list of cool things the bike had on it that I wanted to tinker with.
So I did some research and downloaded the software onto my laptop and checked what kind of map it has installed. It seemed to be identical to the one that can be downloaded off of Bazzaz's website as the base enhanced map. I haven't made any adjustments (nor do I plan to) and will wait until I actually understand what the numbers mean and how they affect performance.
I'm sure I can keep it the way it is but I was wondering if anyone had any input on what I'm looking at or what I should be trying to look at once I start messing around with the numbers.
I've included a screenshot of the downloaded map in offline mode. So this is what's saved into the ZFI and I haven't made any changes to it. I do not have the Self Mapper installed onto the bike so any changes I make will have to be manual.
I mean, I doubt that I need to tinker with it unless I plan on getting serious with the mods. Just wonder if any one with Bazzaz experience is still around. I saw some older threads but they didn't really have what I was looking for.
I had to crop the picture to make it fit but the important stuff is shown.

Attachments

• Slip On.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
If you don't have a way to log data, then you should Never make air/fuel changes without a dyno to monitor what is going on.
Otherwise you're just guessing. Add too much fuel and the bike will run bad, take too much fuel away and you'll lean out and ruin the engine.

Hey Yougod,

You should pickup the self mapper and add it to your setup.
I've seen some videos of it in action and read experiences of people using it to auto tune/data log and it seems to work great to create a pretty decent custom map.
The picture you uploaded is just an educated guess and means little unless you have a sideband O2 sensor and Gauge to see what AFR your running while riding.
To make changes manually you will need a data logger that keeps track of TP, RPM and AFR at least, then you can make changes to that table you see in the picture, either by adding or removing fuel in specific areas and then smoothing the transitions out.

Hope this helps

Back