Bazzaz Zfi Tc

Yaqoob Yunis

Registered
Hello ,

Im thinking about installing a bazzaz zfi tc , can you tell me if its a good idea and if so would the bike need to be tuned or reprogrammed to work with the bazzaz , is it better to buy the quick shifter and the fuel managment separatly or it would be fine to get the zfi tc ..

Thank you

The best bang for your buck will be to get the fuel managment/tc/QS all in one. I've had my eye on that piece for years and I've heard it is very nice. The QS is highly adjustable and everything you'll need for clutchless footshifting except I do not believe it has auto-blip for clutchless downshifts (check on that) and you can get that with some of the more advanced quickshifters that DO NOT wire into the Bazzaz.

The reason I went with Bazzaz is that it controls all 8 injectors on the busa. A PC5 did not have the harness for that when I was buying. If the PC5 now does have that, you might consider going with Dynojet. The PC5 software has quickshifter settings that do everything Bazzaz does. Don't know if DJ does traction control though...i doubt it.

DJ's Wideband2 is better for self tuning if you ever want to get into that. It samples 10x/second where Bazzaz samples only 3x/second. Both are pretty slow if you look at the automatic tuning devices available (300 samples / second on some) but I'd take 10x over 3x. You will have to do 3 runs to get as close as Wideband2 or Autotune gets in 1 run.

What I would do is 1) pick the module that controls all 8 injectors, 2) decide if you need clutchless downshifting (decide if you even want a foot shift quikshifter---aside from the small weight gain, an electric or air shifter will be most reliable and many of those can downshift), 3) do you want to self tune?

IMO, self tuning will not make a noticeable performance difference for noncompetitive sport riding or commuting. You might tune to save some gas but you won't notice any huge change in speed or acceleration if the base map you are using is already in the ballpark. It is quite fascinating though. It requires quite a bit of dedication, learning and risk (if done n the street---you will be doing 30-40 runs all over 100 mph, some up to top speed if you want to tune the entire map).

No, the bike will not need to be reprogrammed to work with Bazzaz UNLESS you already have a flashed ECU!! Basically, if your ECU fueling was flashed, you cannot reliably run a Bazzaz map that was tuned to adjust stock fueling. It will be all very wrong if you do that. If you're already flashed, you would need to AutoTune or get custom tune OR get flashed back to stock OR just run a zero map in the Bazzaz so the flashed fueling would not be adjusted (but in the latter case, you would just be using the module for TC/QS ....so that diminishes the value/usefulness of the module quite a bit---not that you would always run a zero map---you may self tune some day or get custom tune). If your ECU was not flashed, no problem, just load a map to the Bazzaz and it will adjust the stock fueling very close to optimum (assuming the map was made 600-700 feet of you altitude).

I will be tuning my Bazzaz Z-fi with AFM this coming summer. Already have a good map. No flash yet. There are some very good things you can get with a flash that you cannot get with modules. You can opt to leave your fueling and timing alone and adjust those via modules if you wish and that is probably the rout I will go.

Hope that helps. It's a pretty involved topic so ask questions and study up!

One last point--Most professional tuners are far more familiar with DJ products. At least that was the case a few years back. Hopefully Bazzaz has gained some ground since then. They are a good company. Great tech support. I'm trusting that a good base map and the AFM will give me all I need to tune and I plan to boost some day.

Last edited:
Back