Anyone have an extra one of these ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
It is the flexible elbow (pivoting orientation arms allowing for 3-way adjustability) that lets you adjust for perfect angle.
Original one well you know got crushed on I95 and the naked model I just got did not come with it.
Now I cant mount it on fairing properly or helmet without having to use the suction cup.
I need the elbow and the two screws that go with it.
:please:

Tim (Pashnit) YooHoo....Hi buddy....how are you today...:laugh:
With 40 cameras on your bike I'm hoping you have an extra one.
Only way I can get it is to pay 20 bucks for entire roll bar mount..

ELBOW.jpg

Ever looked into getting a RAM mount for the GoPro Saiid? Virtually unlimited adjustment angles. They build so many types of mounts i would think one would work for the GoPro. I don't have the squeaky noise that seems to emit from the GoPro mounts either on my cams thanks to the RAM mounts.

Jds I did get the tripod mount for it this time around and am gonna look into a ram mount but i have one of the 3m mounts stuck right on front side of fairing .
I need that elbow to put cam there and still be able to level it .

By squeaking noise are we talking about squeaking/crackling in the sound in the video itself ? I keep getting crackling sound in videos for some reason .
I'm begining to understand why everyone just dubbs music over everything .
It's because the sound capture sucks !
I am using waterproof or silent door and while you can hear the bike a bit the sound has crackle in it ?

Jds I did get the tripod mount for it this time around and am gonna look into a ram mount but i have one of the 3m mounts stuck right on front side of fairing .
I need that elbow to put cam there and still be able to level it .

By squeaking noise are we talking about squeaking/crackling in the sound in the video itself ? I keep getting crackling sound in videos for some reason .
I'm begining to understand why everyone just dubbs music over everything .
It's because the sound capture sucks !
I am using waterproof or silent door and while you can hear the bike a bit the sound has crackle in it ?

That sound be it - I hear it from virtually every GoPro video I see, gets annoying. Someone on here basically glued the mount or something and it eliminated most of the sound, but I still think a RAM mount is the way to go. The ball is some sort of rubber coated nylon or something....at any rate they're rock solid but don't produce the plastic squeaking and cracking noise the GoPro mounts do. The RAM system has the 1/4-20 threaded mount that I would imagine could go into the bottom of your camera or plastic case?

That sound be it - I hear it from virtually every GoPro video I see, gets annoying. Someone on here basically glued the mount or something and it eliminated most of the sound, but I still think a RAM mount is the way to go. The ball is some sort of rubber coated nylon or something....at any rate they're rock solid but don't produce the plastic squeaking and cracking noise the GoPro mounts do. The RAM system has the 1/4-20 threaded mount that I would imagine could go into the bottom of your camera or plastic case?

Sucks doesnt it !
I'm thinking maybe a cotton ball or two in the case itself to help but yes that cracklins got to go.

I have found that under 4-5k rpms the cracklin is there but higher up it goes away so it directly related to RPMs from bike.
You can set camera on countertop and record and its perfect.

The 1/4-20 threads you see on ram mounts would mount to this which is what I got for that reason.
http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=24

Last edited:
RAM Mount setups require a bit of dedication. I've got about $400 worth of them trying to get the right setup for the GoPro.

Anyone that wants to do the RAM mount thing, I built a list of exactly what you need to not have to spend the kind of $$$ that I did.

GoPro HD Mounting Ideas on your Motorcycle | PashnitMoto.com

Dsc00824_gopro_800.jpg

There are variations on this idea, but goto ExpressMounts.com and use the search feature to punch in these part numbers:

RAM Mounts used:

RAM-PF-585-6: RAM 6" Flex Arm with 1/4" NPT Ends
RAM-B-218-1: RAM Single Ball with 1/4" NPT Hole
RAM-B-200-1: RAM Single Ball Socket Arm for 1" Balls
RAM-B-201: RAM Double Socket Arm for 1" Balls
RAM-B-202: RAM 2 1/2 Diameter Base with 1" Ball
RAM-B-252U: RAM .87x2.25 with 11 mm Hole & 1" Ball
RAM-B-272U: RAM Base with 9 mm Hole and1" Ball

Dsc00822_gopro_mount_800.jpg

Dsc00824_gopro_800.jpg

Dsc00822_gopro_mount_800.jpg

Tim I saw the expansion kit but I don't want any of the other stuff except that elbow and as mentioned I don't want to pay 20 bucks to buy a bunch of stuff that I won't use .
Thanks

I sent GoPro an email we will see what they say . If they can't help than I will have no choice to buy exp pack from you .
What's the word on LCD screen ?

The reason I liked your videos are because you can hear the bike. That is music to me !! :guitar: :super:

And to me as well . I have other door from old housing that went down I95 .
I'm gonna drill a very small hole in it and put some more rubber inside housing as GoPro recommends and see if that helps with the crackle .
Also need some ram mounts from Tim or someone .

Back