anyone have a Chevy Trailblazer SS?

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
A buddy of mines wife just got one and I love it. I haven't driven it yet but that LS2 motor is amazing. I was THIS close to getting a GTO last year (same motor) but decided it was too impractical. While this thing won't outrun a GTO, it's still fast enough to have fun in and is comfortable as heck.

http://www.chevrolet.com/trailblazer/

No never seen one up close.But I have driven a 06 GTO with the LS2.One sweet engine.My brother-n-law [gsxr1k6] pulled a 12.99@108 with that car.All stock,even tires.Gets good milage also.Not bad for a 4000lb+ car with driver.Would be sweet in a trailblazer.

(proud dad @ Aug. 14 2007,11:flamethrowing:) No never seen one up close.But I have driven a 06 GTO with the LS2.One sweet engine.My brother-n-law [gsxr1k6] pulled a 12.99@108 with that car.All stock,even tires.Gets good milage also.Not bad for a 4000lb+ car with driver.Would be sweet in a trailblazer.
Yeah, that LS2 is what drew me to this TB SS in the first place. I was kinda concerned that it might not get the best mileage in that heavier chasis but it can't be worse than the Z-71 I have now.

I might go drive one this weekend - still not sure if I want a car payment again or not.

I put a remote start in one a couple of months back and had to deliver it back to the customer and I must say it was impressive kind of like the busa the thing was a monster when you wanted it to be
super.gif

Hopefully it gets better gas mileage than my wifes v6 trailblazer.

I should have at least got teh v8 if not the ss when I got hers.

A dealer in Austin Texas has 3 black ones sitting together.

You gave me the SS bug. I have been looking around town. There are 2 red ones in my town, but they have $1750 navi. which I do not need. There is a red in Austin w/o navi., but no DVD player.

Anyone know what a shop charges to install a decent overhead DVD player?

.....also they are offering $4000 off all Trailblazer right now.

They use to only have black..now they carry red, white, silver, and blue also. Wifey says she would like a red one....oh well I cant find any blue ones any way.

I OWN ONE! It is a very fun vehical to drive and surpises everyone. The fuel mileage is not too bad, around 17- 18 on the highway but after getting the computer tuned it gets around 20-21. There are some issues with the SS such as a rearend problem and some trannie issues on some. As for speed, after a tune, e-fan, CAI and underdrive pulley it will run mid 13s and if you throw in a 2800-3200 stall you can get into the low 13s and even a few high 12s. If you want to go all out they are making super chargers and turbo kits and nos kits and built trannies to handle the power.

If you want to read up about the problems and performance stuff check out www.trailvoy.com and look in the SS section. Lots of good info on there from real people, just like here.

(bigjohn141 @ Aug. 18 2007,22:12) I OWN ONE! It is a very fun vehical to drive and surpises everyone. The fuel mileage is not too bad, around 17- 18 on the highway but after getting the computer tuned it gets around 20-21. There are some issues with the SS such as a rearend problem and some trannie issues on some. As for speed, after a tune, e-fan, CAI and underdrive pulley it will run mid 13s and if you throw in a 2800-3200 stall you can get into the low 13s and even a few high 12s. If you want to go all out they are making super chargers and turbo kits and nos kits and built trannies to handle the power.  

If you want to read up about the problems and performance stuff check out www.trailvoy.com and look in the SS section. Lots of good info on there from real people, just like here.
Is yours the AWD version? It seems like they're the ones having the problems, although I admit I just started researching the topic.

I won't be doing much modding if I get one, stock is fast enough (although we all say that in the beginning I think).

Thanks alot for the input.
beerchug.gif

No I have the RWD model which gets a little better mileage and I get to do burnouts if I want to.
biggrin.gif
I have heard of a few problems with the AWD ones but dont remember the details.

Here is my SS

1233.jpg

beerchug.gif
sweet.  My wife has a White 03 LS right now.  I am looking to upgrade to the 07 SS
super.gif

MAN! That is the exact one I want. RWD for the occasional smoke show and I think the all white looks great on that vehicle! Very nice ride!

Thanks. I almost bought a black one because they look SWEET but every vehical I have ever owned has been black and I swore to get another color for a change. I believe the 2008 models will come out in a color almost like the 05le busa kinkda a dark grey metallic but I think all of the colors look good.

Just an idea of what the LS2 sounds like with a different exhaust...

Last edited by a moderator:
....oh yeah she is gettin one. That is fuggin sweet. Takes me back to my Z-28 days....but in a grocery getter
bowdown.gif
. Although I have to admit......it is not as sweet as my '68 Camaro with FlowMasters, but it will freakin work.
super.gif

Back