Anyone gotten the new Shoei RF-1100 ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
And if so did you have an RF-1000 before it ?
I'm thinking about getting one to replace my RF-1000 helmet but reviews online are mixed.

How does the new RF-1100 compare to the old RF-1000 ?

Looking for first hand exp with both from same person.

Thanks.

And if so did you have an RF-1000 before it ?
I'm thinking about getting one to replace my RF-1000 helmet but reviews online are mixed.

How does the new RF-1100 compare to the old RF-1000 ?

Looking for first hand exp with both from same person.

Thanks.

i'm cheap. i'm gonna get a 1k for $270 soon as i get some damn work:banghead:

Well for what it will cost to replace my RF-1000 'Busa' helmet I think I can get a solid color RF-1100. And since INS is paying for it I thought I may move up.
Supposedly the new one has a removable liner in it for easier cleaning ? Larger and wider lense for better vision. Molded into shell air fin on back instead of plastic glued on and six vents instead of four ?
Some of the reviews on new helmet though say its louder than RF-1000 ?

Might want to consider the X12. I have a rf1000 and an x11 I like the x11 much better. I have tried on the x12 and the rf1000 both are great but I would prefer the x12 ,but for around $750 I am going to stick with the x11 for a while. Btw cycle gear will let you try one for a week. I diddn't dare ride in it for fear of not being able to return it, so I just watched tv in it for a couple of nights. That's how I decided between a new rf100 or an x11.

Might want to consider the X12. I have a rf1000 and an x11 I like the x11 much better. I have tried on the x12 and the rf1000 both are great but I would prefer the x12 ,but for around $750 I am going to stick with the x11 for a while. Btw cycle gear will let you try one for a week. I diddn't dare ride in it for fear of not being able to return it, so I just watched tv in it for a couple of nights. That's how I decided between a new rf100 or an x11.

:rofl:

Ok I need pics of that..
Good info. Im gonna go check out Cycle Gear now to try one on.

:laugh:
Btw cycle gear will let you try one for a week. I diddn't dare ride in it for fear of not being able to return it, so I just watched tv in it for a couple of nights. That's how I decided between a new rf100 or an x11.

Did you watch Moto GP races while wearing it?

Did you point a couple of big fans at your recliner?

Another vote here for the X-Eleven - though I have no experience with the RF-1000 or 1100.

having had the RF series for many versions, once I moved to the X-11, I'll never go back, its just *that* much better :bowdown:

Rf1100 flows a lil more air than the 1k, and the headliner removes, other than that, not much difference. The 1k is the better buy to me anyway. I got a strife 2 tc9 1100 if your interested tho.:laugh:

Saiid, check out competition accessories, they had some steals on helmets.

That's what made me ask . I got email from them this morning and saw Rf-1100. I went to cycle gear and looked at them and yes only diff I saw was liner comes out . Big deal . I think I'll just get a new white/blue Busa lid and be done with it .
X-11 and x-12 are too much and I don't think INS will pay for those.

Tell SF that you want a good brain bucket...it's like, uh...INSURANCE for your nogin!! :idea:

+1 for the X11/12, great lids.

It's ridiculous really. The lid took a big whack . It's a safety item and INS should replace it no questions but instead she says 'oh this will buff right out'.
I ask her if she can be sure the shell itself was not compromised and she looked at me like I was stupid .
Just how things like this work for me, never have good luck.

Dude I'd call her out on her BS. "What, lady, you got X-ray vision?" She obviously knows nothing about helmets.

They told me if I buy a new one to give her the invoice and they will cut me another check .
Obv they think I'm trying to scam them when all I want is a lid I'll feel safe in :(

Oddly enough if you would have approached the situation right off the bat like you wanted all this $$$ to fix it and were a jerk about it. They probably would have just given it to you.

I just picked up a RF1000 for $199. It will do nicely.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just picked up a RF1000 for $199. It will do nicely.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you watch Moto GP races while wearing it?

Did you point a couple of big fans at your recliner?

Another vote here for the X-Eleven - though I have no experience with the RF-1000 or 1100.

No, I just mumbeled i'm bat man to my wife till it wasn't funny any more and she told me to take out the trash. Then the little bus stoped out front and they tryed to make me get on it.

Back