shoei rf-1100 sizing

well i ended up going to iron pony today after work to try it on, and to my surprise didn't really like the feel. The cheek pads don't go nearly as far towards my mouth/cheeks like my rf-1000, just didn't feel like a snug fit all the way around (and yes i was trying the right size). Gonna stick with my rf-1000, feels much more comfy and snug on my little bean head

well i ended up going to iron pony today after work to try it on, and to my surprise didn't really like the feel. The cheek pads don't go nearly as far towards my mouth/cheeks like my rf-1000, just didn't feel like a snug fit all the way around (and yes i was trying the right size). Gonna stick with my rf-1000, feels much more comfy and snug on my little bean head

You wanna maybe do that next time BEFORE you start a pointless thread mate?

You wanna maybe do that next time BEFORE you start a pointless thread mate?

my bad, just wanted some opinions on the rf-1100. Dind't think my local motorcycle dealer would have them in stock so i was gonna order one, and wanted to see what u guys thought first

Iron Pony is the place to go if you ever need to try something out before you take it home. Their inventory is nuts. If you need a price on a different helmet sometime, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drove back up there today to take another look, after trying it on a few times i decided to give it a shot. Feels pretty good, just a little different in the cheek area than my rf-1000. Can't wait to test it out and get a real comparison. Ever since i saw my friends flat/matte black helmet (i think it's icon), i have been in love with the look and dying to get a matte black one anyway, blends in nicely with my all black icon leather jacket

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

will do. Hopefully i don't experience the "whistling" as some are talking about, but if i do i have 2 ideas about it. 1-the lever on the helmet has a middle position that barely cracks the screen open (like 1/8"), it's not even noticeable and the screen still operates normally, wonder if some people that complain about the whistling have the screen in this setting and don't know it, and it's whistling bc it's barely cracked. 2-read a review on another site where a guy said it was whistling, said u can adjust the screws on the shield hinges/mechanisms to bring the shield in closer and that fixed it

got to try it out a bit tonight. So far i like it a lot, feels just a tad big but i'm gonna pick up some thicker cheek pads this weekend and that should fix it. Standard cheek pads are 35mm on the 1100 and 1000 models, went with the 39mm pads on my rf-1000 and she fit nice and snug, gonna do the same with the rf-1100. Wind noise wasn't bad at all up to about 90-100mph, probably slightly less than my rf-1000. Only whistling issues i noticed was when i turned my head to check my blind spot and change lanes on the freeway, i could hear a slight whistle. My rf-1000 does this also though, especially in cooler weather, so i'm not worried about it. So far i love the new lid, the larger screen is definitely a huge improvement, didn't even feel like i was looking through a helmet visor, after some thicker cheek pads she should be good to go

Back