Anyone ever imported a bike before??

Silent Shogun

Registered
Was curious as to how difficult it is to import a bike from Europe?? I have a friend stationed over seas i could set things up from his end...but once it gets over here how difficult would it be to get it registered.

CB1000.jpg

as long as it is in us spec's the only issue would be customs and a inspection that would consist of a vin check

First mod: whack off that horrible undertail thingy and clean it up

THEN it'll be nice lookin!

First mod: whack off that horrible undertail thingy and clean it up

THEN it'll be nice lookin!

Yea...that would be the first to go. I still can't believe bike makers haven't made undertails modular... Pop it off..pop on another one. I know it is for regulations, but it seems like they are missing out on a big market.

I have wanted this ever since Honda came out with it. If i can't get this i might get Kawi's new Z1000. I will still have the busa, but i want a Naked street bike!!! :thumbsup:

Yea...that would be the first to go. I still can't believe bike makers haven't made undertails modular... Pop it off..pop on another one. I know it is for regulations, but it seems like they are missing out on a big market.

I have wanted this ever since Honda came out with it. If i can't get this i might get Kawi's new Z1000. I will still have the busa, but i want a Naked street bike!!! :thumbsup:
You could always pick up a B-King! :thumbsup: Couple quick mods and it would be the next best thing to another Busa!

I am in europe and i will make some phone calls in the morning to try and find out a few things... everything closes here around 4 and nothing is open on sunday... but i will see what i can find out for you... what bike is it that you are interested in?

I am in europe and i will make some phone calls in the morning to try and find out a few things... everything closes here around 4 and nothing is open on sunday... but i will see what i can find out for you... what bike is it that you are interested in?

Appreciate it! It is Honda's CB1000...

Appreciate it! It is Honda's CB1000R...

And an excellent bike from every review I have read about it! Honda is playing it smart and realizes the naked sportbike market doesn't have near the interest it has across the pond...so at this time we unfortunately can not get this bike :banghead:

You may want to pose your question her as well Honda CB1000R Owners Club & Forum - HondaCB1000R.com - Index page
Just don't go leaving us......or we'll come hunt you down :poke:

:laugh:

Great bike by the way :thumbsup:

honda_cb1000r_2010_01.jpg

I would first make sure what equipment on the bike meets US spec and what doesn't. It may get pretty expensive for you to import the bike.

Back