Anyone ever had leather jacket sleeves shortened?

xchief1320

Registered
I got a Joe Rocket Blaster 4.0 jacket for Christmas and the sleeves are a few inches too long and it's so uncomfortable because of it. Seems this jacket is notorious for long sleeves, It fits great aside from that. I've owned several JR jackets as well as other brands and never had an issue until this one.

If you had it done how did it work out?

Thanks

Talked to Syed leathers today and they said it wouldn't be an issue at all. The JR jackets have a zipper and velcro, as well as a snap at the wrist. If I have them do it i'm going to get all that removed and just a zipper so it's less bulky. I use Gauntlet gloves so it would help to get rid of some of the bulk anyway.

Also talked to them about converting the collar to race style. I don't care much for the raised collars on some jackets. The race cut does away with it all and it doesn't rub your neck as much.

They estimated all that for around 125-150. Which i'm fine with. I'll end up with a custom fit jacket for way less then it would normally cost.

doesn't seem like a bad price but i've never had anything like that done so it's just a guess...i like my higher collar for when i get caught in the rain :beerchug:

After talking to a few people here in town I actually found a tailor that does alot of motorcycle jacket alterations and decided to go by there today and talk to them. The guy was very helpful and said he would do the sleeves for $60-75 and the collar for $40-50. I had actually decided to hold off on the collar for now and wear the jacket some and see if it softens up, If it doesn't then I'll have him do it. He said 5-10 days so we'll see how how it turns out :please: :lol:

Syed is backed up and it would be 3-4 weeks with them. I need the jacket by the 16th so i can go on my trip..

Back