Anyone done the Racetech Gold valve Fork upgrade?

cosmo

Registered
I've purchased a Racetech Gold Valve fork kit and springs. There is only one set of replacement fork bushing's available (outer) from Racetech and the Busa manual does not show a part that relates to an inner bushing. The local Suzuki shop didn't have an answer either but there MUST be some kind of bushing in each cylinder.

Anyone done this upgrade and can shed some light?

I know GixerHp has done a few. I am getting ready to do mine.

The bushing is in the outer tube under the fork seal.Suzuki manual will tell you not to remove the bushing but to replace the entire tube.
bs.gif
Just make sure the new bushing fits over the inner tube properly before you remove the old bushing from the outer tube.

I had race tech do mine last summer.  I got the gold valves and 1.0 springs.  Made a heck of a difference.  As far as a internal bushing, I'm not sure what you mean.

Mine was one of the sets that Gixerhp did this winter... Gold valves, 1.1 springs, and oil... delivered was pretty darn reasonable considering he has the spring compressor and other tools to do it correctly.

I spent 20+ years as an professional wrench twirler.. I hate learning on my own stuff
smile.gif

Mine was one of the sets that Gixerhp did this winter... Gold valves, 1.1 springs, and oil... delivered was pretty darn reasonable considering he has the spring compressor and other tools to do it correctly.
Have you got a chance to ride it yet?

This is the route I want to take with a bit lighter spring.

I spent 20+ years as an professional wrench twirler.. I hate learning on my own stuff
smile.gif
Hey Bogie, search is down, how much is that package installed? I'm interested...

Here a pic of the lower bushing! Witch is not listed from Suzuki, they do tell you to replace the upper tube!
However the bushing are available from racetech! There are 2 of the in the upper tube one at the bottom and one half way up the tube!

The bushing is located behide the fork seal!

Fork_rebuilds_031.jpg

Racetech doesn't show them on they're web site, do you have a part number? Thanks a ton for the data and the photo  
thumb_up.gif

I only have about 100 miles on them at this point but a couple things became apparent very quickly..

When entering a turn on soft springs, you learn to initiate the turn earlier.. this may only be microseconds but it is earlier and you will find yourself cutting your corners as the bike responds quicker..

Stopping: it is amazing how much better and less fatigue you feel when the front end does not compress as far under braking.

The only parallel I can draw is on a dirt bike, if you have ever ridden a dirt bike with soggy fronts, it wears you out pretty fast as opposed to a front end that lets you stay behind the handlebars and not on top of them.

The rest is going to take some time to sort out (compression/rebound/sag) I am going to need some help from to set the sag and some ride time to set the compression and rebound. (just too cold for the oil right now with short ride)

I am looking forward to getting this fine tuned a bit with Gixerhp at the Gap this spring...

I can tell you that he charged me $150 less for what I wanted done than RaceTech quoted me..

This is not what I would call a "cheap mod" by any stretch but that is a substantial savings in my book. I am sure that there are bikes that will be more or cheaper depending on what they need but that is the point... getting done only what "needs" done in my book... John took care of me and only did what was needed...

not yet... John is working up a deal on that but I need to recover a bit from this winters upgrade$

I am also considering Elka for a full rear setup, I have a local dealer working up a GB price and hope they can come through in the high $600s or low $700 area

Here a pic of the lower bushing! Witch is not listed from Suzuki, they do tell you to replace the upper tube!
However the bushing are available from racetech! There are 2 of the in the upper tube one at the bottom and one half way up the tube!

Are you showing pictures of my fork with it's pants down???

Are you showing pictures of my fork with it's pants down???
No thats one of mine!

Back