Anyone cut their forks yet

Pulled out of another thread on here, it looks like we can go lower on the forks than advertised.

I’ve pretty much decided to have my forks rebuilt with a 2.5” drop, stiff springs and travel limited. Then once the bike is back together use Brock’s handlebar things to drop the extra inch or so that I want so that I have knowledge the suspension is done right and the visual look I want is done. Then I’ll match the back with links from Schnitz and put a strap on the front to limit uptravel when I’m out being a headache for others. Time to start ordering parts ‍♂️

View attachment 1655481
I suggest you to use adjustable rear links. Brocks, SAE, Soupys etc..

@SS4Luck did you decide on what you’re going to do?

I’m happy with the lowering top clamp and clip ons but @01smokes has a great point that the strap can be used to immediately/quickly make chassis adjustments. With my front strapped all the way down I spin the tire so that’s too low for the current rear ride height.

After speaking to Marcus at M2, he suggested a turned down fork for me. Not a cut fork. They show what that means in the below video. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the forks but I’m definitely ordering an M2 shock.

880FE901-5332-4E93-87AD-63FF229A863F.jpeg

74BCCC12-0B97-4713-B8C0-50E0A847CD7A.jpeg

@SS4Luck did you decide on what you’re going to do?

I’m happy with the lowering top clamp and clip ons but @01smokes has a great point that the strap can be used to immediately/quickly make chassis adjustments. With my front strapped all the way down I spin the tire so that’s too low for the current rear ride height.

After speaking to Marcus at M2, he suggested a turned down fork for me. Not a cut fork. They show what that means in the below video. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the forks but I’m definitely ordering an M2 shock.

View attachment 1656501

View attachment 1656502
I’ve been talking to the local suspension guy here in SoCal and have decided I’m going to let him redo my forks and just be done with it. We’re going to change spring pressure and lower it 2-2.5” internally, then I’ll fine tune it with a new triple tree. I’m just waiting for my arm to get here so I only have to do my suspension once.

I’ve been talking to the local suspension guy here in SoCal and have decided I’m going to let him redo my forks and just be done with it. We’re going to change spring pressure and lower it 2-2.5” internally, then I’ll fine tune it with a new triple tree. I’m just waiting for my arm to get here so I only have to do my suspension once.

Keep us updated please

Slammerz Fork Lowering Kit
Here's another option if you looking to internally lower your front forks. If you look up Willis Racing on Youtube he used the same kit to lower a 2022 Busa for the dragstrip.

After speaking to Marcus at M2, he suggested a turned down fork for me. Not a cut fork. They show what that means in the below video. I’m not sure what I’ll do with the forks but I’m definitely ordering an M2 shock
I looked at the turn down forks too and if I didn’t plan on needing help with setup and calving etc in person I’d probably buy turned down forks and send it. I do try to use local vendors whenever I can and this dude has. A pretty good reputation out here with the canyon and track guys

Appointment made to drop the bike off next Thursday. Front forks are getting new springs, valving and a 2.5” drop, rear is getting a new spring, valving and lowering links installed. Downside is I’m leaving for a 2 week work trip/vacation so I won’t actually get the bike back till after thanksgiving

E1ABC51D-3E62-4FF9-96C0-F0F4BE6010A1.jpeg

Alright I know this has taken for good time ever, but my arm is on and the bike is going to the suspension shop Thursday so it spurred my ass toward a deadline lol. I think I want to move the axle one hole forward, and then lower the bike one more hole on the links. I need to get a tape out and see what the wheelbase is now vs if I move it forward I know I wanna be in the 60-61 ish range but I’m more interest in not bottom out and hitting the fender than that 1/2” of visual, I’m just roll racing so it won’t be super critical.

D9657552-4D0B-44EA-98B2-AB7E0F36EB7F.jpeg

AF339209-0602-4A6B-AEA8-87C98DEE9685.jpeg

06600EE9-67FC-4365-B6D3-FFF6EE5874A0.jpeg

Moved the wheel in a little tonight and lowered the rear another 1/2” or so. At full full full squat the tire sits perfectly in the fender with about an inch, maybe 3/4” before it hits anything for chain stretch. 61.25” wheelbase approx. 2” of fork showing. Going to be a wild one. (Seeing these pictures makes me realize I need to finish moving into our new house and maybe take a night off from the bike )

A87C2F02-B127-4B65-8471-C427458E42B3.jpeg

FC6D0A0B-B5CD-4DFB-9F2A-11854C998955.jpeg

8C6D5353-5D44-49D4-BD7C-DD14AF99E3D5.jpeg

1A83E7D6-2CA5-4E11-B43E-AAA5F2D4DEEB.jpeg

CFA8B256-FD8C-415B-8BA9-73D256383C8A.jpeg

BCE23ADE-FCE8-401D-976C-985C6CCF5427.jpeg

Back