Anyone been to this area and done this?

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Just got back from a 1700 round trip (on Busa) to Deals Gap area. Rain one day, a 70 in a 55 ticket, good for 140 + points for all 10 of us, on the day it didn't. He said they got us 15 miles away!!? No one would go back for court and they know that! Too many Buicks putzin along on the twisties and nothing but blind double yellow lines that i hate to cross. Mowers on the dragon throwin rocks and crap all over after you just miss em in a blind tight turn! Geeze i can't wait too go back! Anyone got a word on how best to handle the ticket?
rock.gif
Get a lawyer up there? Pay the fine and hope the points won't show up here in Florida? I'm screwed i got a CDL. My tire held up fine though.

AOL.com Images Not Available

AOL.com Images Not Available

Unfortunately you might have to fight this depending on how your state is with CDL's. I've got a class A CDL myself.

I myself have a CDL (NYC Bus Driver). Think of the CDL as a federal license. For us CDL holders, all the states are connected to one MAIN computer system. I feel thats discriminating against us. Anyway, this is what my co-workers have done to beat the point system. However, it wont be cheap.
Hire a lawyer specializing in moving violations. U and lawyer appear in court. Plead guilty. Lawyer talks to judge. A fine higher than normal (sometimes double) will be imposed since U want the points eliminated. U pay fine, lawyer and court fee and end of story.

Tips on how th avoid tickets/points in the future:
DONT SPEED- Have I told U I ride the slowest Busa around?
Try to get a PBA card from a PD friend-Present this with puppy eyes MIGHT work
Ask the officer if he could make it a 'missing/broken equipment'- Explain 2 him/her that U know U did wrong and willing to pay the fine. This MIGHT work
Start crying- I mean real tears rolling down. MIGHT work. I wont tell U how I know this
rock.gif

They pulled you ALL over and gave you ALL citations?

Easy for a lawyer to get you off.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Oct. 12 2006,07:09) They pulled you ALL over and gave you ALL citations?  

Easy for a lawyer to get you off.

--Wag--
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. I think i will contact a lawyer.
wink.gif
 Any of you notice the freakin cops are everywhere lately? Yep the State boys said the clocked us for 15 miles. We were stuck behind a car when the sheriff pulled across the road. The car pulled over and we kept going, he pulled up next to us pointed to the shoulder and the rest is history! We were going the posted limit thru Robinsville for the last 10 miles or so, but i won't comment on how fast the Busa was going on the 4 lane! Had to show those hopped up 1200 Bandits who's the boss! on the straights! I can't hang with em on the decreasing radius turns though!!
beerchug.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Oct. 12 2006,06:44) --Wag--
 Any of you notice the freakin cops are everywhere lately?
beerchug.gif
[/quote]
Yea!!!
 state troopers have been at the rest area on the way home everyday lately   last friday I saw 8 on the side of the road every one of em had a car or bike pulled

1. He said he got you from 15 miles away -- BS-- Radar is only good for about 1000'.

2. If he locked one of you in a 15 over, he can give all of you a ticket as long as he can articulate in court that after he locked one of you, in he observed the entire group traveling at the same speed.

3. Given that you have a CDL, if that is the way you make your living, you need to spend the $$ to go to court with an attorney and get this resolved. Likely as not, if the LEO states on the stand the he locked you in a 15 miles plus your attorney will eat his a$$.

JMHO

Don

Even out here in New Mexico we are seeing a lot more cops on our favorite roads. Seems they are cracking down on sportbikes having some fun...

(usn04limited @ Oct. 12 2006,11:31) 1.  He said he got you from 15 miles away  -- BS--  Radar is only good for about 1000'.

2.  If he locked one of you in a 15 over, he can give all of you a ticket as long as he can articulate in court that after he locked one of you, in he observed the entire group traveling at the same speed.

3.  Given that you have a CDL, if that is the way you make your living, you need to spend the $$ to go to court with an attorney and get this resolved.  Likely as not, if the LEO states on the stand the he locked you in a 15 miles plus your attorney will eat his a$$.

JMHO

Don
They track ya from air? top of mountain who knows. Then they block the road and get any in the group. What a racket. But we may have exceeded the limit by a little!! $140.00 and points on my cdl lic!! Priceless....  
all_coholic.gif

rock.gif

crazy.gif

Back